Author Topic: Sliding pizza from peal to hot surface  (Read 4353 times)

Offline wrm2012

Re: Sliding pizza from peal to hot surface
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2013, 12:34:36 AM »
I use tinfoil.  I can take my time building the pizza and with it on foil it slips right off every time.

Offline slybarman

« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2013, 09:22:00 AM »
But getting your bench flour off the stretched dough first is most all important.

What method do you use to get the bench flour off the dough?

Online Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2013, 08:21:30 AM »
What method do you use to get the bench flour off the dough?
I don't use a real soft/slack dough and stretch it out still cool/cold so it is a pretty strong(easily tossed)dough....just give it a good shake while it's laid across the back of my hands to get the flour off.

Hey Steve, I think I may have discovered(by accident)an amazing new peel dusting agent....you'll think I'm nuts; it's baby food, specifically, rice cereal. The stuff is slicker than powdered graphite and sort of just dissolves away when you rub it between your fingers but leaves them slicker than a bugs ear! Have you ever heard of using this....I haven't tried it under a pizza yet(diet restricts much pizza making lately)but I sure am going to try it.
You won't believe how slick that stuff is.   :chef:
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline PizzaNJ

• Just one more slice... After this one.
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2013, 01:35:08 PM »
Hey Steve, I think I may have discovered(by accident)an amazing new peel dusting agent....you'll think I'm nuts; it's baby food, specifically, rice cereal. The stuff is slicker than powdered graphite and sort of just dissolves away when you rub it between your fingers but leaves them slicker than a bugs ear! Have you ever heard of using this....I haven't tried it under a pizza yet(diet restricts much pizza making lately)but I sure am going to try it.
You won't believe how slick that stuff is.   :chef:

Does you diet happen to be baby food?  That's rough...  ;)

Online Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2013, 03:06:34 PM »
Does you diet happen to be baby food?  That's rough...  ;)
Haha!  ;D   Things haven't gotten quite that bad....yet.  :(
For a while I have to feed my gf's cat pieces of cooked chicken mixed with baby rice cereal. The little rat won't eat just regular plain rice with the chicken so I came up with the idea about the cereal.....man that stuff is slippery, try it!  :chef:

Offline redox

« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2013, 03:12:09 PM »
I think any type of light "powdery" flour, rubbed into a wood peel and then peel flipped upside down and given a slap with hand on clean side will provide the best non stick with least residual on your under crust surface. But getting your bench flour off the stretched dough first is most all important.

And just before launching don't forget to do the Bobby bump.
I forgot to comment on the "Bobby bump" it really works! I use it all the time, my only troubles are when I forget to do it.

Online Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2013, 03:16:40 PM »
the "Bobby bump" it really works! I use it all the time
It's the craze that is sweeping the Nation...all the kids are "do'in it" man!!   >:D

Online waltertore

• Vendor
    • The Smiling With Hope Bakery
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2013, 03:47:16 PM »
baby food?  Cool it works! We use fairly wet dough and as long as you dunk it good in a bowl of flour, get it basically stretched on some loose flour, and lightly dust the wooden peel we rarely have anything stick.  When it does it turns into a calzone :D   We use a metal peel to rotate and remove the pies. Walter

Online Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2013, 04:31:57 PM »
baby food?  Cool it works! We use fairly wet dough and as long as you dunk it good in a bowl of flour, get it basically stretched on some loose flour, and lightly dust the wooden peel we rarely have anything stick.  When it does it turns into a calzone :D   We use a metal peel to rotate and remove the pies. Walter
baby food?

Yep, walter it is the slickest stuff you will ever find I'm tell'in ya.
I'm sure folks think I've lost my mind and that is perfectly OK.....more baby food for me!   8)

Offline redox

« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2013, 05:52:20 PM »
baby food?

I'm sure folks think I've lost my mind and that is perfectly OK.....more baby food for me!   8)
More folks would be surprised to hear that you found your mind.  :-D

Online waltertore

• Vendor
    • The Smiling With Hope Bakery
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2013, 05:53:45 PM »
baby food?

Bob:  I will have to buy a box and give it a try. I wonder if it will burn quicker than flour or change the flavor any?  Walter

Online Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2013, 05:59:56 PM »
Bob:  I will have to buy a box and give it a try. I wonder if it will burn quicker than flour or change the flavor any?  Walter
I sure hope not...but my thinking is that you will only need such a small amount there will be nothing there to burn. You'll see that when you rub it between your fingers it almost completely disappears yet leaves the fingers super slick. Maybe it will do the same on a wood peel...I don't know. The stuff is strange man.  8)

Offline redox

« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2013, 06:15:31 PM »
I sure hope not...but my thinking is that you will only need such a small amount there will be nothing there to burn. You'll see that when you rub it between your fingers it almost completely disappears yet leaves the fingers super slick. Maybe it will do the same on a wood peel...I don't know. The stuff is strange man.  8)
So there's Bob in his crib with his baby cereal...is that cringe-worthy? Depends.  :-D

Online Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2013, 06:27:54 PM »
So there's Bob in his crib with his baby cereal...is that cringe-worthy? Depends.  :-D
Waaaaa!!  I want my cereal and I'm going bald too man what's that all about?!!    >:(

Offline parallei

« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2013, 08:36:46 PM »
Hi Bob,

As a third generation veteran and "lefty" I find your post very offensive.  When asked to do our duty, I've never whined, my father never whined and my grandfather never whined.  I guess we all did that to protect your right to post the offensive post you just did.

That said, I don't feel this is the place to express your political views.  Maybe I'm wrong and it will be fine with the Moderators.

In the interim,.......

self edited obscenity.......
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 08:46:00 PM by parallei »

Offline mp233069

« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2013, 08:44:18 PM »
Launch with wood, retrieve with metal.
Mario

Online Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2013, 10:29:46 PM »
Hi Bob,

As a third generation veteran and "lefty" I find your post very offensive.  When asked to do our duty, I've never whined, my father never whined and my grandfather never whined.  I guess we all did that to protect your right to post the offensive post you just did.

That said, I don't feel this is the place to express your political views.  Maybe I'm wrong and it will be fine with the Moderators.

In the interim,.......

self edited obscenity.......
I just quickly grabbed that baby pic from google "images" to throw up for a fast reply because I thought it looked "official" with the seal an all.....wasn't paying attention and I didn't mean to offend you or anyone else, sorry.
Politics aren't allowed here on the forum but it has slipped in from time to time....on a couple of those occasions I am on record here for being anti-political(I do my own thing).  :)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 10:31:41 PM by Chicago Bob »

Offline tombiasi

« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2013, 11:32:27 PM »
I just quickly grabbed that baby pic from google "images" to throw up for a fast reply because I thought it looked "official" with the seal an all.....wasn't paying attention and I didn't mean to offend you or anyone else, sorry.
Politics aren't allowed here on the forum but it has slipped in from time to time....on a couple of those occasions I am on record here for being anti-political(I do my own thing).  :)

Don't worry about it Bob, let him cry.

Offline parallei

« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2013, 12:16:51 AM »
Thank you for the apology, I appreciate and accept it.

Don't worry about it Bob, let him cry.

Not the crying type here friend.  The Forum is supposed to be politics free.  I suppose you could ask the owner to change that rule if you do not like it or think it is a bad policy for some reason.  Maybe they will change the rule, I don't know.

Offline tombiasi

« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2013, 12:33:17 AM »
Thank you for the apology, I appreciate and accept it.

Not the crying type here friend.  The Forum is supposed to be politics free.  I suppose you could ask the owner to change that rule if you do not like it or think it is a bad policy for some reason.  Maybe they will change the rule, I don't know.
The rule is fine with me but you do realize you were crying? If anyone made a list of people who would intentionally try to insult people, Bob would be at the bottom of that list.

pizzapan