Author Topic: Road trip! I-80: PA, OH, IN, IL/Chicago, Madison WI  (Read 1469 times)

Offline PizzaBrewer

• Supporting Member
  • Location: Relocating my brewpub/pizzeria within NE Pennsylvania...
  • Seasoned pro Brewer, intermediate pro Pizzamaker
Road trip! I-80: PA, OH, IN, IL/Chicago, Madison WI
« on: February 18, 2006, 09:28:40 AM »
Due to an unforseen complication with one of my business ventures, I'm driving this weekend from NE Pennsylvania to Madison Wisconsin and back.  The route is mostly I-80 across to Chicago, then up and over (or over and up?) to Madison.

Anyone have suggestions for great pizza along the way?  I've had Lou Malnati's in Chicago several times, is there something better that I should try there?

Any and all suggestions appreciated!

Thanks!

---Guy
Man does not live by bread alone.  There's also tomato, cheese and pepperoni.

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: Road trip! I-80: PA, OH, IN, IL/Chicago, Madison WI
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2006, 09:54:50 AM »
Guy,

I don't know if this will help, but you might want to take a look at the book Everybody Loves Pizza, by Pollack and Ruby. There is a Directory section of "546 Great American Pizzerias" presented by state. Obviously they won't all be on I-80 but you might find some that are close enough to try. Our members will, of course, be the best source of names.

Peter

Offline chiguy

Re: Road trip! I-80: PA, OH, IN, IL/Chicago, Madison WI
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2006, 12:14:30 PM »
 hi Pizza Brewer,
 As far as Chicago, I-80 runs a little south of the city, there is a suburb at the Rt 45 exit, this would be Frankfort, Orland Park that have many pizza places and i believe a Giordandos somewhere around 143st & Lagrange/rt 45.(CORRECTION: LAGRANGE RD IS CALLED 96th ave. farther south in Orland Park) When you get off the exit at 45 head north a couple of miles, Giordanos should be on you're east/right hand side of the street.  Have a safe trip,   Chiguy

Giordanos in Orland Park,Il
 14325 s. Lagrange rd/rt 45
  708-349-7500  Call 1/2 hour ahead so pizza is ready when you arrive.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2006, 12:24:04 PM by chiguy »