Author Topic: selling pizza by the slice?  (Read 1004 times)

Offline fersy

selling pizza by the slice?
« on: August 07, 2013, 08:33:14 PM »
my pizzeria is right along the route approx 500 kids from a local school just up the street walk by when they finish for the day. i had thought about opening a bit earlier and putting on some sort of deal to attract a few in and hopefully get some business from them by offering something like say a pizza slice and drink for a fixed price.

anyway i was wondering if anybody has any ideas on the best way to do this. i was thinking maybe make the pizzas and base them (put them in the oven only till the base is solid enough to lift out again and remove them before they cook fully) then i could top slices individually as required and put them in the oven for a minute to finish as a customer orders one. does this seem like a viable idea or can anybody who sells pizza by the slice offer a bit more insight into how best to go about it. cheers

Offline scott123

Re: selling pizza by the slice?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 08:38:22 PM »
Make one or two 18" pizzas right before lunch, and, as you sell the slices, gauge the demand so that slice pies are coming out of the oven close to when they're being sold and nothing's sitting around too long. Warm them as people buy them, but if the slice pie is still warm, don't warm them too much.

Topping pre-baked slices is kind of lame.  Extra cheese never melts and pepperoni doesn't crisp up the way it should. I would consider just doing plain slices.

18" is a traditional size for a slice pie, but larger slices pies (21") can be really phenomenal.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 08:40:29 PM by scott123 »

Offline fersy

Re: selling pizza by the slice?
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2013, 10:17:45 PM »
cheers m8. food for thought there. must test a few methods and see what the results are like

pizzapan