Author Topic: Forno Magnifico Anyone?  (Read 6588 times)

Offline Ramke

• I Love Pizza!
Forno Magnifico Anyone?
« on: April 25, 2013, 11:34:40 AM »
Hi Everyone,

Saw this item on Costco's website in canada,

http://www.costco.ca/Forno-Magnifico-Electric-Pizza-Oven.product.100022230.html?catalogId=11201&keyword=forno+magnifico&langId=-24&storeId=10302

Reviews seem pretty good and if the description is accurate, then this item is a hellova deal.

I searched the forum and didn't find anything on it, but am curious if anyone here has tried it and has any comments to share before I go ahead and order one.

Thanks,

Pizza Maniac!

Offline Bill/SFNM

• Lifetime Member
Re: Forno Magnifico Anyone?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 12:23:58 PM »

Offline MrP

• One more slice
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2013, 06:04:49 PM »
Looks like someone is capitalizing on it, on ebay.  They are selling them for $135 and $30 shipping.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190820283194

Offline Ramke

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 03:38:51 PM »
So it seems as though no one here has tried it yet.  I'm going to order one and I'll share my feedback.

Offline MrP

• One more slice
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 06:10:37 PM by MrP »

Offline elmercorn

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2013, 04:29:36 AM »
I had to pay extra 65 bucks on ebay because costco canada won't ship to the US. I have not been able to get this over 750 degrees (as advertised). Highest yet is around 740. I have to keep turning on the pre-heat timer to get it to stay on and after it's been on for sometime, the temp will continuously go down the longer it's on. i cooked my first pie on it within 20 mins of heating for that reason. cooking more than one could be and issue. I don't know if im missing something, but I did a descent first test run. the bottom  crust resulted in a picture perfect char, but the top edge of the crust was neglected. I will try the pie liner method and post pics if I get better results.

Offline marycherry

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2013, 10:18:18 AM »
Costco.ca now has this oven on sale for $74.99 (until August 25th). 

If anyone purchased it at regular price in the last 30 days, you can get a price adjustment if you call in to customer service.  If it's been more than 30 days, you would have to buy another one online and return it with your old receipt.