Author Topic: Grand Hall Pizza Oven from Costco?  (Read 1892 times)

Offline mom8693

• I Love Pizza!
Grand Hall Pizza Oven from Costco?
« on: August 18, 2013, 04:23:44 PM »
Very new to all of this!  But the price just dropped on this oven to $200 and I'm wondering whether it's an item worth purchasing?  Any thoughts, yea or nay?  Says  135,000 BTUs, but also says only cooks pizza.  Looks like the Blackstone would cook more, maybe that's worth it even tho it's double the price? 

Online mkevenson

• Lifetime Member
  • Roos! Protector of Fowl
Re: Grand Hall Pizza Oven from Costco?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 04:34:56 PM »
Very new to all of this!  But the price just dropped on this oven to $200 and I'm wondering whether it's an item worth purchasing?  Any thoughts, yea or nay?  Says  135,000 BTUs, but also says only cooks pizza.  Looks like the Blackstone would cook more, maybe that's worth it even tho it's double the price? 

I did a google search of the oven. The site I saw under specs says 13,000 BTU. Quite underpowered if that is true. 60,000 BTU is what I use and Also Blackstone.

Detailed product information Like to know more? Rollover the information icon for more details about a product attribute

Functionality info[/t][/t]
Heat 13000 BTU's
http://www.masters.com.au/product/100467871/grand-hall-pizza-oven

Mark
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 04:37:25 PM by mkevenson »
"Gettin' better all the time" Beatles

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 04:42:14 PM »
Aside from what Mark said, you have a lot of user support here on the forum for the BS and at $350, that's not really that much dough.   I too would go with a BS.  Oh wait, I already have one.  :P

Offline mom8693

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2013, 04:50:40 PM »
Thank you both for the info and input.  Much appreciated.  And the correction as well (to the 13,000, not the 135,000 I was wrong about).  Ok, so looks pretty clear that this "deal" not such a deal after all!  But BS intriguing.  Need to read some more, but thinking that might well be a product my family would get tons of use out of.  Thank you again.

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2013, 05:33:39 PM »
I don't know that the Grand Hall is a bad oven per se.  I bet I could make it work.   But the BS is very versatile for multiple styles of pizza and it will do steak and burgers and such.  Even if you don't make other styles of pizza, it's nice to know it can and that there are a bunch of folks here who have nothing better to do but help.