Author Topic: Hi!. Opinions, critiques, ideas are welcome in this thread. Opening a DDP! joint  (Read 519 times)

Offline frankocean2

• I Love Pizza!
I want to open a Pizza place in my hometown that specializes in Deep Dish Pizza. There's not a single place that sells the product in my hometown, and to the best of my knowledge in the entire state. Live in Mexico, to put things into context. Baja California is the state and Ensenada is my town.

I'm starting as a delivery and pickup only system, with a small menu, so I can specialize in a specific type of pizza and to keep costs low. My menu is as follows:

Mushrooms-Spinach.
Shrimp.
Buffalo Chicken.
BBQ Chicken.
Cheese and toppings of your choosing
Chicago Classic. (a la Giordano's)

And also, we will be making "Paleo Pizza". There's a huge market for that, the moment I announced the menu with that pizza, my inbox exploded.

I plan to manage the delivery aspect like this: There's a company called "Moto-Go" that specializes in giving delivery services to restaurants and business like mine so instead of buying motorcycles, for a small fee, they will handle that part.

The DDP we make is receiving high praise by the vast majority of the people that have tried it, an award winning chef that has one of the best restaurants in Latin America told me that I have something really special in this. So the product is good to go.

Now, there's a lot of pizza places in my hometown. We will be the first ones to make DDP available to the public, so there's a lot of risk in there, but also opportunity. What kind of strategies will you implement in order to gain a wider audience to your business?.

I'm currently buying the equipment for the place and our supplies, adding an extra 20% to everything I budget just to have some room if something goes down, or up, or for things that I may encounter and didn't plan for. The federal government in Mexico has a self-employment program. If you present them a business plan, and they like it, they would grant you the equipment for free if you stay in business for a year. So my investment it's actually quite low.

Thoughts?.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 04:09:56 PM by frankocean2 »

Offline steviemilano

• I Love Pizza!
Hi Frank, i am curious of how to introduce paleo pizza into my shop. Could you please let me know how this is done,from dough to ingredients,i think there could be a market for this in my suburb.Please help

Offline frankocean2

• I Love Pizza!
Hi Steve!. Well, there's plenty of recipes you can use. From Coli flower crust to Almond meal with Mozarella Cheese.  You can find the recipes in youtube.

I personally use the same process as a normal pizza with the toppings. Just avoid those that can be carb heavy. Any more doubts, i'm here!.