Author Topic: Sources 6-in-1's  (Read 1937 times)

Offline Lydia

• Viddler
Sources 6-in-1's
« on: February 19, 2006, 11:48:35 AM »
Where are you getting your Escalons?????

Is everyone ordering through the Escalon site?
PennMac?
Or has everyone been able to find a retail source?

The roundest knight at King Arthur's round table was Sir Cumference.They say he acquired his size from eating too much pi.

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: Sources 6-in-1's
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2006, 12:24:37 PM »
Lydia,

I have been buying my Escalon 6-in-1s directly from Escalon at its escalon.net site because it is the closest supply for me. But PennMac, chefswarehouse.com, Claro's Italian Markets (at claros.com), and several foodservice and cash-and-carry places, and specialty Italian markets also sell them. Some Kroger's also carry them, but none near me. Some places sell only the #10 cans. Some sell both #10 cans and the 28-oz. cans

If you are looking for a source for yourself, if you look under Resources, you will find a lot of threads directed to this topic.

Peter

Offline Lydia

• Viddler
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2006, 12:43:46 PM »
I checked shipping from Claros and my jaw hit the floor, and I live in the same state  ???

I saw the prices at Escalon, very reasonable, are they actually doing business with the public, or is it a one time deal thing?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2006, 12:45:50 PM by Lydia »
The roundest knight at King Arthur's round table was Sir Cumference.They say he acquired his size from eating too much pi.

Offline Fio

• Cook it HOT.
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2006, 12:53:30 PM »
I discoverd a store near my, "Restaurant Depot" that sells all manner of pizza supplies and ingredients.  6-in-1, 7/11, Polly-O and Stella Motz.

The tomatoes are extremely reasonable.  $3.79 for a #10 can; $13.00 per case.

The problem?  You have to have a business license to buy there. (I'll post this query in another thread). 

Enter "Fio Enterprises"
Since joining this forum, I've begun using words like "autolyze" and have become anal about baker's percents.  My dough is forever changed.

Offline Lydia

• Viddler
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2006, 01:04:47 PM »
Thanks!

Offline stymie

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2006, 01:21:37 PM »
Giant Eagle grocery store. When looking in a grocery store make it a point to check in the international food aisle for canned tomatoes.

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2006, 02:29:53 PM »
Lydia,

To the best of my knowledge, it is not a special promotion for Escalon to sell to the public. However, of the many different tomato products that Escalon sells, there are only a few available online.

Peter

Offline Lydia

• Viddler
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2006, 12:01:33 PM »
So far, we have 3 online sources, 2 possible general grocery and various Italian Markets.

From reading posts about Escalon tomatoes is seem very evident that 28oz cans are the preferred size for ease of use and reduced spoilage.

How many are actually freezing left-over sauce?