Author Topic: questions about curing process for a WFO  (Read 466 times)

Offline uncle charlie

• I Love Pizza!
questions about curing process for a WFO
« on: August 14, 2013, 05:41:44 PM »
I'm through 3 days of curing a 48" commercial Mugnaini wood fired oven and I have a few questions I hope someone can answer. it's recommended to start small fires every hour until the target temp for the day is reached, however the first 2 days the temp was low enough (250f day 1, and 400f day 2) that I didn't need to build hardly any small fires over 4-5 hours as recommended. the first day we reached target temp on the 1st fire, day 2 on the 2nd fire, and today it took 3 fires to reach the target temp of 600f. it's recommended to fire the oven tomorrow as you would for service, meaning burn off all the carbon with a full rolling fire. my concern is that because we have started so few small fires so far, not enough moisture has been driven out, and tomorrow's very hot fire will crack the masonry. sorry for the rambling question here, but does anyone see any potential problems in our approach so far, and would one more day of small fires be a good idea before burning off the carbon?thanks!

Offline Mmmph

• Lifetime Member
Re: questions about curing process for a WFO
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 05:52:04 PM »
...would one more day of small fires be a good idea before burning off the carbon?thanks!

Another day of small fires should not be an issue...If it makes you happy, do it. Better safe than sorry.
Sono venuto, ho visto, ho mangiato

Offline uncle charlie

• I Love Pizza!
Re: questions about curing process for a WFO
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2013, 09:56:50 PM »
thanks, my feeling too.

pizzapan