Author Topic: Hello from Brooklyn NY  (Read 260 times)

Offline sgem

• I Love Pizza!
Hello from Brooklyn NY
« on: August 15, 2013, 01:08:10 PM »
Hello everyone, after reading Pizzamaking forums for the last, I’d say, two years…I finally register so that I hope to share some of my wisdom (or little of) with you all. I have read so many fantastic posts and love to be kept up to date with the pizza industry.
My name is Sal and, yes, I have finally taken the big jump and opened my own Italian restaurant / Neapolitan pizzeria in Brooklyn NY. I just could not take the rat race of working in IT for some of the largest financial corporation on Wall St any more.
 I try to be as authentic as possible and I hope that my dream, one day, will be as successful as many of you on here.
Sal

Offline mbrulato

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Hello from Brooklyn NY
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 08:22:39 AM »
Welcome Sal from Brooklyn!  I'm Mary Ann from NJ!  I just joined recently too. Hope to learn lots of cool things about pizza making here.  Although, I've loved pizza since I was a kid, it's only the beginning of this year that we've made Friday night homemade pizza night in our house.  I don't have a restaurant or a WFO, but I make a pretty damn good pizza on a pizza stone with a 550 degree oven - thanks to Peter Reinhart's American Pie book and his online pizza course.  But I'm sure that there's plenty more to learn here.  Anyway, congratulations on opening your restaurant.  I wish you many years of success and happy pizza making!
Mary Ann

Offline sgem

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 02:07:59 PM »
Hello Mary Ann, thanks for the well wishes. This is indeed a great place to learn and ask questions. I am sure your "home" pizzas are very delicious.  :P

I started my pizza adventure working in my father's place while I was going to high school and college. After working so many years in the corporate world, the calling was too much. I opened my restaurant and I am making pizzas the way I remembered they were made in Salerno when I lived there as a young boy.

If you are ever in Brooklyn (Williamsburg) stop by and say hello.

https://www.facebook.com/Diecibk

Ciao
Sal

Offline mbrulato

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2013, 02:18:39 PM »
Thanks for the link, Sal.  Maybe I can get a Brooklyn pizza crawl started and make my way to your place!
Mary Ann