Author Topic: New Member from Brooklyn, NY  (Read 474 times)

Offline greenbriel

New Member from Brooklyn, NY
« on: August 20, 2013, 10:56:26 AM »
Hi folks,

I'm Gabe, a Brit expat living in Brooklyn.

I found this great looking resource by reading a lot on the Forno Bravo forums. Interested in making great pizza at home, have been using just a stone on the grill so far, but pretty interested in trying Villa Roma's LBE, and who knows, maybe I'll build a wood burning oven one day. Cheers.

scott123

Re: New Member from Brooklyn, NY
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 07:15:52 PM »
Gabe, welcome to the forum.

While an LBE can be a lot of fun to tinker around with, if you want to guarantee Neapolitan bake times, for a few dollars more, a Blackstone is a far more sure fired route.

Offline greenbriel

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 08:16:49 PM »
Thanks, Scott. Funny, I've been trolling around the very extensive info around here today and was gravitating toward the same notion. Much appreciated!

Offline greenbriel

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2013, 12:56:04 AM »
Order placed :) Been obsessively reading the absurdly long Blackstone thread, among others, and thanks for all the great info, Scott (and many others). Also ordered a refurb Kitchenaid 600 on eBay 'cos kneading is a PITA.

scott123

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2013, 05:22:46 AM »
If you use time to develop the gluten and do a long ferment (2-3 days), you don't really have to knead at all.

You're welcome for the BS info. I'm glad you took the plunge. The more the merrier.

Offline greenbriel

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2013, 03:06:48 PM »
Thanks Scott, I can't wait. The BS will be here Tuesday.

I've kinda wanted an excuse to buy a KA for years, and now my laziness won't limit me to no-knead crusts and breads.  ;)

Cheers,

-Gabe

pizzapan