Author Topic: Latest Blackstone Best Prices?  (Read 1352 times)

Offline bbqchuck

Latest Blackstone Best Prices?
« on: August 30, 2013, 12:54:41 PM »
I'm going to pull the trigger.  Just looking for the latest best price.  :chef:

I found it at BBQ Guys for $399 free s&h.

Is there a better price today?

Thanks
Chuck

Offline deb415611

• Supporting Member
Re: Latest Blackstone Best Prices?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2013, 01:01:45 PM »
griddle guru was 369 and last week groupon had it for 349, I'd check both of those

Offline redox

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2013, 01:03:18 PM »
You need to go here: http://griddleguru.com/labor-day-special-patio-oven-with-free-pizza-peel.html
$359.99 + free shipping + free pizza peel
Best deal I've seen so far.
It's a Labor Day sale so who knows how long it'll last.
However their Independence Day sale lasted at least a couple of months.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 01:05:25 PM by redox »

Offline bbqchuck

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2013, 01:39:11 PM »
Thanks Redox.  I google'd that address and did a street view.   It looks like a residential area.  I'm thinking it's a home business.    I'm more inclined to shy away from a home business for anything I may have to return for any reason.   

Offline redox

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2013, 01:55:38 PM »
Thanks Redox.  I google'd that address and did a street view.   It looks like a residential area.  I'm thinking it's a home business.    I'm more inclined to shy away from a home business for anything I may have to return for any reason.
Most of the people on this site who have bought this pizza oven (including me) have bought it from griddleguru.com.
The Blackstone site lists them as a source to buy their products along with Cabela's, Lowes, etc. Their customer service appears to be excellent. I don't see a problem.

Offline bbqchuck

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2013, 01:57:37 PM »
I called them (griddle guru) and they seemed to have a real biz.  But the oven is drop shipped from Blackstone.  So it's a non-stocking dealer.   :-\  What the heck...I ordered it anyway :pizza:

Offline redox

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2013, 01:59:42 PM »
I called them (griddle guru) and they seemed to have a real biz.  But the oven is drop shipped from Blackstone.  So it's a non-stocking dealer.   :-\  What the heck...I ordered it anyway :pizza:
You'll love your new pizza oven, there is nothing like it at this price point.

Offline bbqchuck

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2013, 02:01:11 PM »
It's drop shipped from Blackstone in Logan Utah.  I'm in L.A.. So, it's a 1-2 day truck transit, but there's the processing of the order that will take a couple days and then the handling/distribution on the local delivery end.  I figure at least a week away from me maybe more.

Offline bbqchuck

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2013, 02:07:25 PM »
You'll love your new pizza oven, there is nothing like it at this price point.

Yeah, I'm sure it'll work great.  Lots of good results from other members.  I'm not sure I'll ever be a Neo-head.  But I like the idea of cooking outside here in SoCal, especially when it's hot a muggy in the house like lately.   I need to dig into what the latest mods are.  I saw the Chau reflector.   Is that the only necessary mod for Neo? 

I thought about building a radiant panel oven from some propane IR heater panels, but I couldn't find the panels cheap enough to make it worth the effort.  I used to own a pretty big propane IR heater that would have worked for the job, but they're a few hundred for the heater panel now.  I did read that thread about a guy here that made a nice looking SS radiant panel pizza oven.  I never did see if he got it working for Neo.

Offline redox

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2013, 02:17:13 PM »
Yeah, I'm sure it'll work great.  Lots of good results from other members.  I'm not sure I'll ever be a Neo-head.  But I like the idea of cooking outside here in SoCal, especially when it's hot a muggy in the house like lately.   I need to dig into what the latest mods are.  I saw the Chau reflector.   Is that the only necessary mod for Neo? 

I thought about building a radiant panel oven from some propane IR heater panels, but I couldn't find the panels cheap enough to make it worth the effort.  I used to own a pretty big propane IR heater that would have worked for the job, but they're a few hundred for the heater panel now.  I did read that thread about a guy here that made a nice looking SS radiant panel pizza oven.  I never did see if he got it working for Neo.
The only mod I've done is adding the thrust bearing. I'm into NY style and Chicago thin crust, they're more inline with my current skills. I may try NP at some point but it's not on the radar yet. And steak, just cooked the best Ribeye ever a few days ago in a cast iron grill pan in a blazing hot BS oven.

Offline bbqchuck

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2013, 03:51:54 PM »
Thanks Redox.
I'm just doing a few NY and cracker pies now.  The NY actually openned my eyes a bit.  I had only been to NY a handful  times and and only once had NY pizza near Times Square.  It was not appealing to me.   I wrote NY style off my list.  But, I'm learning it can be great. 

Can you point me to the thread with the discussion on the thrust bearing?  I seem to recall glancing at it.  I just can't recall where.

My wife's gonna shake her head when she sees the Blackstone on the patio. 

This is how I do my steaks.  Wood charcoal, in a charcoal basket raise right up under the grill for a super hot fire.
(http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c125/roaniecowpony/DSC_5569.jpg)

Here I'm doing a tri-tip similarly, but I sear, then take out some charcoal, add some mesquite wood for smoke and smoke it at 250F for an hour after the sear, to ensure it's cooked to Med-rare. 
(http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c125/roaniecowpony/DSC_5503.jpg)
(http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c125/roaniecowpony/DSC_5503.jpg)

Offline redox

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2013, 04:20:29 PM »
Here's some info: http://www.pizzawiki.info/index.php?title=Bearing_Mod
Just go to the Blackstone Pizza Oven thread and enter thrust bearing in the search window and it'll pop up for you.

Offline bbqchuck

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2013, 04:38:45 PM »
 ;D  Thanks man.  I ordered the bearing.  It's coming from Anaheim, which is just across town about 40 miles.  It should be here before the Blackstone.

Offline redox

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2013, 05:50:23 PM »
;D  Thanks man.  I ordered the bearing.  It's coming from Anaheim, which is just across town about 40 miles.  It should be here before the Blackstone.
I cut the handle off a cast iron Lodge grill pan to use on the BS for steaks and such and I wanted the bearing to ease the strain on the motor. You don't want it to stop turning while the flame is roaring, it can warp the turntable.

pizzapan