Author Topic: Mushrooms  (Read 5891 times)

Offline Johnny the Gent

• Bake strong!
Re: Mushrooms
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2006, 08:25:06 AM »
Wow!!!  I should go into the mushroom export business.  I can see why they are not used in Brazil.  Plain button mushrooms go for a few dollars a pound here.  Since mushrooms are easy to grow you should start a mushroom farm and get rich!

Bill

If you´re looking for a partner based in Brazil.... :D  There are a lot of shimenji, hirataki, shitake, creminis and one called "Sun Mushroom"(?) that are grown here and exported to Japan.  Bill, as far as not knowing how good you´ve got it, I´d say that in the world of fungus, you´re in paradise.

Chiguy, thanks for the conversion.  This changes the values that I posted-which would be roughly 50% of the cost that I listed.  Yup, either way it´s still expensive.  Oh well, I can think of worse things to spend my money on than fungus ;D :chef:
Il miglior fabbro

Offline BenLee

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Mushrooms
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2006, 05:14:09 PM »
I just sear some sliced mushrooms in a pan, no oil butter, just dry mushrooms.  They shrivel up to a paper thin width and brown and if you add some salt to them midway through, it brings the flavor out from the center of the mushrooms.  I find this to be the best for cooking on a pizza.  Being thin is the key for cooking them in my opinion.

pizzapan