Author Topic: educating customers  (Read 72 times)

Offline gelenn

educating customers
« on: Yesterday at 09:04:41 PM »
I am starting renovations on a building for a combination BBQ and pizza restaurant.  On the pizza side we have just ordered an Acunto Mario Classico 10 which will arrive around the end of August.  Obviously we will be doing Neapolitan style pizza.  During my discussions with various people, including suppliers, about our concept I find myself having to stop and describe what a Neapolitan style pizza is and why its different from other styles, particularly NY style.  They want to keep going back to selling slices, you should try this great pizza sauce we have, etc.  Do any of you find it necessary to try and educate you customers, or suppliers, on your style of pizza?  What method(s) do you use to educate?

Offline TXCraig1

Re: educating customers
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 09:06:02 PM »
I've been to many NP places that explain what NP is on their menu, website, via waitstaff, etc.
I love pigs. They convert vegetables into bacon.

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 09:28:28 PM »
Have you talked with any other pizzeria owners in your area?
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline petef

« Reply #3 on: Today at 12:54:34 AM »
Do any of you find it necessary to try and educate you customers, or suppliers, on your style of pizza?  What method(s) do you use to educate?

From a consumer's point of view, here's a few ideas...

* Make a youtube video explaining what Neapolitan style pizza is all about.
I just checked youtube and there are none that explain what it is. There are some that show how to make it, but none focused on educating people what it is.

* Use your website to educate people and refer them to the youtube video.

* Get a digital picture frame and load it with a series of pics with captions that explain what Neapolitan style pizza is. Place the frame(s) at places in your restaurant where customers are waiting.

* Many Pizza shops have TVs displayed for customers to watch as they wait for their food to be prepared. Use that to play your youtube video explaining what Neapolitan style pizza is all about.

* Make a brochure style, single sheet pamphlet that has pics and captions explaining what Neapolitan style pizza is all about.

The main thing is, in any pizza restaurant there is much opportunity to educate the customer while they wait to order or as they wait while you are preparing their food. Most people are probably bored stiff waiting and would be quite receptive to read or watch anything about Neapolitan style pizza.

---pete---

« Last Edit: Today at 01:06:29 AM by petef »

Offline gelenn

« Reply #4 on: Today at 06:44:54 AM »
Thanks for the replies, Neapolitan style pizza will be new to the my area other than the what I am currently doing with my mobile unit.  Thanks for the tips Petef, I had not thought of going the youtube route.
Glenn