Author Topic: Opinions on logo?  (Read 364 times)

Offline ErinM

• I Love Pizza!
Opinions on logo?
« on: May 20, 2014, 11:05:26 PM »
Hi pizza makers,

I'm starting up a mwfo business here in Australia and am hoping you can all give me opinions to improve my business. We'll be selling pizza and coffee/espresso. Hence the name 'Crust and Crema'.

First up is my logo. I want it to be clean, simple, catchy.

Please let me know what you think.

Thank you kindly!
Erin.

Offline ChristianVerschaeren

• Supporting Member
Re: Opinions on logo?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 02:48:56 AM »
Nice, if anything I would lose the and, or at least the dot that became redundant because of the and.
Either

Pizza . Coffee . Stuff

or

Pizza . Coffee and Stuff

Offline ErinM

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2014, 03:08:46 AM »
Thanks Christian. Yeah that makes sense.

I like the two dots, graphically. Three words there seem good, separated by two dots. When I originally drew this up I couldn't think what else to write, as we'll have a few other things for now (bread, muesli bars, granola... hopefully) and in the future perhaps gelato. Gelato would be great to put there, but we're not doing that yet and it still goes under 'stuff'. But all of the other things are minor (at this point) and not important enough to warrant their own 'spot'. I begged my husband to let me do gelato from the start SIMPLY so I could use that word! pizza . coffee . gelato .  There's something for everyone there! ;)  But he thinks we need to start with less and then increase. It's wise. But it doesn't help my logo! Since we will open in mid winter here, it also makes sense to hold off on the gelato for now. ;)

So when I did this mock up I just put 'and stuff' because I couldn't figure out what best to write there but a couple of friends said 'i like that, leave it' coz it's kind of playful and yet applicable. But I get what you mean about the 'and' part. I'll think more about this and see what I come up with. Thanks again.

EDIT: Maybe I'll just put 'Etc' there. PIZZA . COFFEE . ETC

Offline chasenpse

• Supporting Member
    • Battle Hill Media
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2014, 11:11:13 AM »
I think it's a great start but if I had to critique I'd say the lines could be cleaned up a bit, they look kind of jagged. Also the 'coffee pizza and stuff' line doesn't have enough weight to it, if it's worth adding to your logo you should add a touch more emphasis on it. Ask yourself this - would the logo still look as great without it?
If Tetris has taught me anything, itís that errors pile up and accomplishments disappear.

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2014, 11:47:29 AM »
EDIT: Maybe I'll just put 'Etc' there. PIZZA . COFFEE . ETC
Erin,

Instead of ETC, I suppose that you could use AND MORE or PLUS MORE. Not as playful as STUFF but it accomplishes the same thing.

Peter

Offline jsaras

• Supporting Member
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2014, 06:42:11 PM »
The marketing guys would tell you that you are selling an "experience", not just "stuff".  Maybe the third "C" could be "Community", though that might sound like a hangout for commie hippies.

Also, at least in my area, crema is Mexican sour cream.
Things have never been more like today than they are right now.

Offline ErinM

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2014, 08:31:25 PM »
Thank you all. Great thoughts.

The clean lines thing, chasenpse - I want a sort of hand drawn feel. I didn't achieve it, obviously. The font will probably not be jaggy though, just the oven pic. I might ask my brother in law to redraw it as he's arty and clever. And I'll make the words underneath a little larger, as per your suggestion. I don't think the logo 'needs' it but I think there does need to be some sort of explaination as to what we're about.

Which leads me to jsaras's comment. I like we're you're coming from. My husband touched on a similar suggestion. I will think more on this. We are trying to use as much local produce as possible. Have as little negative impact on the environment as possible. Have as high quality stuff as possible. We are also community minded. I'll brainstorm later to think of a word which speaks all of these things. :D If anyone has a suggestion, let's hear it. Thanks.

'Crema' here is only ever used as a coffee term. People who aren't that into coffee won't really know what it means, which is another reason we need those words underneath. But generally, I think most people understand it has something to do with coffee even if they don't exactly know what. And if they don't know it has to do with coffee then they soon will. ;)

Offline jsaras

• Supporting Member
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2014, 09:38:09 PM »
I got it: Cravings
Things have never been more like today than they are right now.

Offline ErinM

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2014, 09:59:35 PM »
Thanks. I'll keep it in mind.

You realise that it doesn't need to begin with C because the first word in the sequence doesn't begin with a C anyway? Pizza. Coffee. Whatever. Crust and Crema are both 'C's yes, but it is the business name and will remain that way, it's just the descriptive words below we're working on now. ;) Thanks again.

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2014, 10:35:34 PM »
Just a thought...
I love pigs. They convert vegetables into bacon.

pizzapan