Author Topic: Artichokes  (Read 724 times)

Offline communist

Artichokes
« on: November 15, 2013, 10:02:10 AM »
Got some baby artichokes, trimmed them nicely into hearts, halved them, and put them on my pizza.  They were pretty good, but a bit bland.  These were fresh artichokes because my first experience with marinated bottled artichokes was not good.  Anybody have a favorite way of prepping fresh artichoke hearts before putting on as a topping?  Anybody prefer plain artichokes without prepping?  Right now I was not wowed by the naked artichokes.   Mark

Offline TXCraig1

Re: Artichokes
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2013, 10:36:41 AM »
I don't use them often on pizza, but I usually trim them, grill them first with evoo, lemon juice, and a bit of s&p. I give them a good bit of evoo after grilling to keep them from drying out before using.
Pizza is not bread.

Offline communist

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2013, 11:01:23 AM »
I don't use them often on pizza, but I usually trim them, grill them first with evoo, lemon juice, and a bit of s&p. I give them a good bit of evoo after grilling to keep them from drying out before using.
Thanks Craig.  I think they could use a little flavor kick with some salt. pepper and evo.  Grilling veggies always helps too!  Mark

Offline slagathor

• I love onions!
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 11:50:52 PM »
Grilled, with EVOO, S&P, and fresh lemon juice before and after. Fresh lemon juice makes all the difference.

Cheers
I slit the sheet. The sheet I slit. And on the slitted sheet I sit.

Offline communist

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2014, 10:24:43 AM »
Grilled, with EVOO, S&P, and fresh lemon juice before and after. Fresh lemon juice makes all the difference.

Cheers
Thanks!  Mark

Offline The Dub Oracle

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2014, 06:25:34 AM »
I love them together with mushrooms, salami and gorgonzola.
I buy them canned here in Holland, but the quality is not always good, you must have a good brand that has quality artichokes and they must be sour or acid for better taste.   

pizzapan