Author Topic: Gas Oven or Electric - Buying a new oven today  (Read 2122 times)

Offline Willster

• I Love Pizza!
Gas Oven or Electric - Buying a new oven today
« on: February 22, 2006, 01:21:04 PM »
Hello Gang,

I am buying a new Free Standing Oven/Cooktop today.  I really like a gas cooktop, but I would like some advice on Gas vs Electric oven.  I love to make the pizza and I want to make a good choice.

Thanks!

Offline Fio

• Cook it HOT.
Re: Gas Oven or Electric - Buying a new oven today
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2006, 01:47:19 PM »
Hello Gang,

I am buying a new Free Standing Oven/Cooktop today.  I really like a gas cooktop, but I would like some advice on Gas vs Electric oven.  I love to make the pizza and I want to make a good choice.

Thanks!

Look for a "Dual fuel" unit.  We have a Jenn Air with a gas stove on top and an electric oven.  The best of both worlds  Beware, they cost a bit more.
Since joining this forum, I've begun using words like "autolyze" and have become anal about baker's percents.  My dough is forever changed.

Offline Bill/SFNM

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2006, 02:35:14 PM »
Likewise, I vote for dual-fuel. I recenty acquired a Wolf dual fuel. Not cheap, but I'm loving it. The oven has a bake stone mode and a proofing mode. The best range I have ever owned.

Bill/SFNM

Offline David

• What’s So Funny ‘Bout Pizza Love and Understanding
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2006, 04:25:36 PM »
I've  got a Jen Air electric oven and a Gas Jen Air cooktop.I like the oven and hate the cooktop (Cramped five burner w/ Very Poor grate design - small pans can topple easily which I didn't realise until I started to use it )
If you're looking for a date... go to the Supermarket.If you're looking for a wife....go to the Farmers market