Author Topic: Jets pizza 2013  (Read 821 times)

Offline Pizza Elf

• I Love Pizza!
Jets pizza 2013
« on: August 28, 2013, 08:56:22 PM »
I like jets you will like jets so: let's get jets!

I love pizza and this clone was amazing.  After reading through http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,8247.160.html and pouring through all the trials i will post  my hybrid version.

I made some home made sauce using two anchovies, 3tbsp olive oil, some salt, 28oz can San Marzino tomatoes, half teaspoon of cane sugar, and some oregano.

I went to a local supply store and bought the 10x14 pan that the large pizza comes in from jets.  I seasoned the pan by using paper towel to brush on a very light coat of corn oil on the pan and putting in on my BBQ for 20mins at 550 then take it out and let it cool cover the bottom inside and out the entire pan; do this 3 times and then wash out the pan and it is ready to go.

I mixed 4oz of flour and  2.5tsp sugar with 1/2 tsp ADY then added 1/2 cup warm water (105 degrees) mixed and let stand for 15 minutes, then i added 1.5tsp salt and 3/4 cup water and mixed, then i added 11.20 oz of flour. (must use the super HIGH gluten flour) after mixing for 5 minutes i formed a dough ball and covered in 1 tablespoon of olive oil rolled around in mixing bowl and then covered with a wet towel for 5 hours at 85 degrees.

Cover the 14x10 pan with 2 tablespoons of corn oil and spread the dough evenly through the pan until it mostly covers. I then let it stand for another hour and added my toppings. preheat the oven to 475 for half an hour before cooking the pizza.  cook for 16-25minutes (depending on how brown you like your cheese) this pizza was cooked for 18minutes.

These were my results:

« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 08:59:50 PM by Pizza Elf »

Offline Pizza Elf

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Jets pizza 2013
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 08:57:56 PM »
amazingly delicious!!

Offline Pizza Elf

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 09:01:54 PM »
The sauce should not touch the edge of the pan but you MUST pile the cheese right next to the end of the pizza to give it that crispy cheesy crunchy crust! 

I used 15oz of mozzarella and 2 oz of fontaine cheese dusted on the pepperoni in the photo.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 09:05:56 PM by Pizza Elf »

Offline pt

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2013, 04:47:03 PM »
That looks a lot better than the one I had from Jets.

Offline Pizza Elf

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2013, 09:33:14 AM »
That looks a lot better than the one I had from Jets.

Thanks, i didn't skimp on the bacon which makes half of this pizza very sexy.  :chef:

This was my first attempt at a deep dish pizza; with the research from everyone on the thread in the OP and a few friends advice this could not have gone any better. 

This will be my pan pizza of choice to make (kind of like a favorite pair of shoes that just feel right)

Offline Pizza Elf

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2013, 07:15:32 AM »
One more trick for getting that bottom with the nice brown color in a standard gas over;  i placed the pan on the bottom of the oven for the first 5 minutes and then move it to a middle rack for the rest of the way.  This made a nice golden brown color on the bottom without burning the top.

pizzapan