Author Topic: 2nd bake on B.S  (Read 104 times)

veloboy and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Online veloboy

2nd bake on B.S
« on: Yesterday at 12:31:56 AM »
     After almost 5yrs baking on a Fibrament stone, I bought a Blackstone a week ago. My first bake was last Friday. It went pretty well considering the temperatures were a lot different than what I was used to in the various ovens I've used over the years. That of course got me to immediately start thinking about possible tweaks and experiments now that I have access to the heat I always wanted. I had to contain myself and only change one variable because otherwise it's just really not a scientific way to gather data...albeit tasty data.
     The change was 63% to 65% hydration. I thought I'd share. I prepped two balls this morning. I only baked one tonight, the other will be baked either Friday or Sat. My normal route is 4-5 day cold ferment. I'm going to prep another two tonight or tomorrow morning to bake later as well. This time changing another variable, salt. That way I'll have a side by side comparison, and more pizza! The bake was about 2:20, give or take a couple of seconds fiddling with my phone. (note to self...by real damn timer!)
     I have to say, I'm loving the Blackstone.    ;D

***iPhone pics. Had my real camera and flash out, but my flashes batteries were dead. Doh! Pizza was getting cold. Next time real photos.

Offline Simple Man

• I Love Pizza!
Re: 2nd bake on B.S
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 06:41:30 AM »
Very nice job for only your 2nd run on the BS!
If you don't like the heat, move to Maine!

Offline kickz28

Re: 2nd bake on B.S
« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 06:23:14 PM »
Your pizza looks really good!

Can you give us more details about your recipe and process? Flour?

Also, how did you use your Blackstone? How long to cook the pizza?

Thanks!