Author Topic: More flavour in dough  (Read 119606 times)

Offline rparker

• Supporting Member
Re: More flavour in dough
« Reply #2100 on: Today at 09:14:15 AM »
Anthony,
If someone doesn't want to go to a lot of bother in balling, if the dough is cold fermented for about 2 days or more, the dough can take on the shape of a regular dough ball.  The bottom of the dough has to be sealed right though.
'''''
Norma
Sorry to barge in. I'm so glad you said this to Anthony. I totally forgot about this. A slightly modified version of this would help me a great deal on my hard to stretch AT batches. I've done no balling in this scenario before and it helped a good bit, but the down-side was every pie having a bad low spot.

Offline rparker

• Supporting Member
Re: More flavour in dough
« Reply #2101 on: Today at 09:18:24 AM »
Roy,

Interesting you use a FS/Durham/Chef's blend, but the Semolina was the gritty kind.  I would think that spelt could be a nice addition.  I have used durham flours in combination with regular flours in some DD pies.  I thought that worked out well.

I tried some all Cracker Barrel cheddar pies on the boardwalk thread.  I thought they almost tasted like the pies I make at market, but then I used the spiral swirl too.

Norma
To clarify, the Durum I bought to replace the King Arthur's Durum was a lot more like a gritty semolina. I've yet to try any form of Semolina in a Detroiter.