Author Topic: Has anybody used Nonna Artemissa?  (Read 610 times)

Offline caymus

Has anybody used Nonna Artemissa?
« on: August 31, 2013, 05:50:06 PM »
Planning to use Nonna Artemisia crushed tomatoes on next Pizza. Has anybody used  them?

Thanks

Offline dmcavanagh

Re: Has anybody used Nonna Artemissa?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2013, 06:44:03 PM »
no, but my local Shop-Rite is stocking it, let us know what you think.I'm actually going to Shop-Rite tonight to try Jersey Fresh tomatoes, maybe I'll grab a can of these also.

Offline dmcavanagh

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2013, 06:45:14 PM »
I will say, I don't find Italian tomatoes to be anything special, and these are Italian tomatoes.

Offline caymus

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2013, 08:10:40 AM »
The texture and color was different than what I am used to.  They were more "shredded and lumpy" than crushed, sort of what I get when I hand crush whole tomatoes. The specific gravity seemed lower than the Classico's and Sclafani's I have been using lately.  The color was somewhat more orange than red.  However, they tasted good directly from the can.  Maybe do to the texture, I liked them better in a pan pasta sauce than on the pizza I made.  I was too lazy to use the stick blender when making the pizza.

Offline mbrulato

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2013, 08:41:25 AM »
dmcavanagh,

I hope you love the Jersey Fresh!  I stumbled upon them at my local ShopRite yesterday when I was looking for the Sclafanis.  I used them last night and they were delicious.  But what else would expect from a Jersey tomato?  Let me know what you think.

Mary Ann
Mary Ann