Author Topic: Varasano's New Concept  (Read 666 times)

Offline Mmmph

• Lifetime Member
Varasano's New Concept
« on: October 08, 2014, 01:25:30 PM »
He touched on this, but really didn't elaborate in his slice interviews a few months back.

http://www.varasanos.com/PressRelease2014_08_19.php

Discuss...Talk amongst yourselves.
Sono venuto, ho visto, ho mangiato

Offline Donjo911

• Supporting Member
Re: Varasano's New Concept
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2014, 01:38:57 PM »
I wish him continued success. Ironically, I happen to be reading the PFT Pizza Raquel 2005 -2008 posts where Varasano was an active participant in the conversation.  I do wonder what the ambient noise will be like with 20 screens of different random spectator sports running simultaneously.  Also, I don't understand the comment, especially it's inclusion in a press-release stating, "tipping will not be required."  Is tipping ever required? Perhaps welcomed, desired, appreciated. If it said 'not allowed' that would still be odd but I'm not sure what the gimmick or angle is? Don't get me wrong, it's not the cheapskate speaking. I wonder about the marketing angle. Thanks for posting!
Cheers,
Don
I have done wrong.. but what I did, I thought needed to be done.

Offline mkevenson

• Lifetime Member
  • Roos! Protector of Fowl
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2014, 03:52:29 PM »
I wish him continued success. Ironically, I happen to be reading the PFT Pizza Raquel 2005 -2008 posts where Varasano was an active participant in the conversation.  I do wonder what the ambient noise will be like with 20 screens of different random spectator sports running simultaneously.  Also, I don't understand the comment, especially it's inclusion in a press-release stating, "tipping will not be required."  Is tipping ever required? Perhaps welcomed, desired, appreciated. If it said 'not allowed' that would still be odd but I'm not sure what the gimmick or angle is? Don't get me wrong, it's not the cheapskate speaking. I wonder about the marketing angle. Thanks for posting!
Cheers,
Don

A 25% gratuity will be added to parties of 5 or more, unfortunately.
"Gettin' better all the time" Beatles

Offline Iowamcnabb

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2014, 05:27:18 PM »
Cheers,
Don

A growing trend among fast casual restaurants is to skip tips.  Can be a good thing for employees as some are payed better starting wages.  Unfortunately still below a livable wage in most cases. 

Offline pizzaboyfan

• Supporting Member
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2014, 05:33:32 PM »

from the menu…seems to be the norm in the industry

18% gratuity added for parties of six or more

Perry

Offline tommy

• Supporting Member
  • Always learning, and struggling. And eating.
    • tommy:eats
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2014, 07:31:59 PM »
Where did you read this? Just wondering. Seems like it's a fast casual place, which likely means no "servers" necessarily. Not sure why they'd be tacking on 25% for a tip, but then again I don't live there and don't know the culture.

Offline jsaras

• Supporting Member
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2014, 07:58:51 PM »
I fail to see what's so new about a sports bar with pizza but I'm sure it will do well.  I guess he's not going to use a sheeter like most "fast casual" pizza places and maybe naturally leavened dough>

BTW, the menu is for his current sit-down location, not for the new location(s).
Things have never been more like today than they are right now.

Offline tommy

• Supporting Member
  • Always learning, and struggling. And eating.
    • tommy:eats
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2014, 08:22:23 PM »
I'm reading that it's a fast casual restaurant, rather than a sports bar with (crappy) pizza.

Cocktails are available and are pre-made, presumably so you can just order, grab, and sit. Interesting beer on tap, rather than just AB or Coors products, a cocktail program, and (hopefully) quality pizza in a fast casual atmosphere seems to set this apart from a standard sports bar with pizza.