Author Topic: My dough reicepe,What do yall think?  (Read 106 times)

Offline jtennesseej

• PIZZA!!
My dough reicepe,What do yall think?
« on: Yesterday at 06:43:56 PM »
22   ounces flour...50%kabf..50%caputo..00 flour
1   tablespoons granulated sugar
2 tsp kosher salt
2 teaspoons INSTANT yeast i used Bellarise idy
3 tablespoons light tasting olive oil
15 ounces water....   What do yall think?
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 08:27:05 PM by jtennesseej »

Offline jtennesseej

• PIZZA!!
Re: My dough reicepe,What do yall think?
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 08:33:20 PM »
any input will be appreciated :pizza:

Offline mitchjg

• Supporting Member
« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 08:59:12 PM »
OK, here goes:

To make it easy for yourself, in terms of understanding your quantities vs. the many recipes here, put your recipe in baker's percent.  Lots of threads here to learn about that.  The basic is the flour = 100%.  So your water, at 15 ounces and the flour at 22.5 ounces, means your water is at 15/22.5 = 66.67%.  Until you do this, you are shifting the work to the others here to do it for you, and then they are less inclined to help.  So, it is helpful to you and helpful to others.

Start thinking about expressing things in grams instead of teaspoons, etc.  Very, very, very good to have a scale.

Regarding the recipe itself, it looks pretty wet.  66.67% water is high and then there is a considerable amount of oil on top of that.  It may prove very difficult for you to handle.

It would also help if we knew what kind of pie you were planning.  A round, NY pie?  A rectangular Sicilian?  It matters a lot in terms of the recipe.

So - caveat - we do not know your intent on pizza style, baking temperature, etc.  But, on the surface, it looks pretty wet, lots of oil, maybe too much sugar.  Possibly too much yeast at around 1%.

Sorry, for sounding so negative , but I am not being that way at all.  Just letting you know how to get the most out of the forum to get to good pizza.

- Mitch

Offline jtennesseej

• PIZZA!!
« Reply #3 on: Today at 05:33:51 AM »
thanks for the tips.