Author Topic: Recommendations for a WFO in a Freightliner MT45 Step Van  (Read 678 times)

Offline thepoorpaesano

• Mangia Mangia Mangia
Recommendations for a WFO in a Freightliner MT45 Step Van
« on: September 09, 2013, 09:08:58 PM »
I have been researching the different types of WFO I can put into a food truck.  The truck has a GVW of 16,000 and it is completely empty.  The backdoor is 92" wide so getting the oven in is not a problem.  My problem comes in the form of choosing which pre-built oven will work best.  The truck has air suspension added onto it.

I have been looking at the Woodstone Bistro 4343, Marra Forni Neapolitan 90, Earthstone 90, Wildwood Toscano Cupola, Tuscany Fire Wood Fired Oven Model 25 and the Le Paynol.  FB said that they didn't know how to mount it on a stand and a few others were not sure as well.  I did send an email to Bread Stone Ovens in Dallas but have not heard back from Antoine yet.  All manufacturers are saying that I should either have the oven placed between the axles on the drivers side or over the rear axle on the drivers side.  I am wondering if it should be mounted onto a metal sheet before being mounted into the floor of the truck.

Any advice or information about these models or others would be very helpful.
Mangiare e godere!!

Offline tusr18a

Re: Recommendations for a WFO in a Freightliner MT45 Step Van
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 09:47:01 PM »
The advantage of using Le Panyol is that Maine Wood Heat, their US distributor, knows a lot about mobile ovens.  I have one of their commercial copper top models.  It is built like a tank.  Their is a cabling system between the copper and insulation that keeps the stones from thinking about moving.  On top of that, the oven is a pleasure to work with.   The stones look as nice as the day the oven was purchased.  No cracks or pitting.   

Offline makin moves

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2013, 11:16:59 AM »
I recently went through the same thing your dealing with now. I ended up putting a Mugnaini 120 in a chevy p30 snap on tool truck. Built it out myself. If you have any questions fire away.

Online JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2013, 12:25:41 PM »
Oven type would depend on budget, style of pizza , type of events and some a thousand  other factors  :D that go into a build of that nature. I also believe as long as you have the passion and experience, you can cook a great  pie in any type of oven (OK almost ). Hope to get some replies on this inquiry  as  I am interested in this type of build out as well
just a thought   ;)
john
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

pizzapan