Author Topic: My thoughts on 6 in 1 Tomatoes  (Read 2714 times)

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: My thoughts on 6 in 1 Tomatoes
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2014, 05:44:32 AM »
stonecutter,

According to the Stanislaus website, you are correct:

http://www.stanislausfoodproducts.com/products/real-italian-products/from-scratch-products#Ground

Peter

Offline quixoteQ

• Give me Shackleton Every Time
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2014, 08:44:28 AM »
stonecutter,

According to the Stanislaus website, you are correct:

http://www.stanislausfoodproducts.com/products/real-italian-products/from-scratch-products#Ground

Peter

I read the website description, and it seems that the only difference between the 7/11s and the Tomato Magic is the peel in 7/11s.  I personally find the 7/11s to be quite tasty. 
Josh

Offline Tscarborough

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Pizza Anarchy
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2014, 12:37:55 PM »
I just opened a can, and you are correct, there are bits of skin.  I never even noticed.

Offline drmatt357

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2014, 10:56:49 PM »
I just started going to my local RD where they stock Stanislaus and 6 in1 along with others. I decided to do a taste test with these two and a can of S&W I had laying around, all crushed tomatoes.

I knew which bowls were which but my wife or children did not. All samples were straight out of the can with no seasoning.

Results:
Tomato Magic was hands down the favorite.  My 19 year old daughter chose S&W but the others chose the TM. NOBODY chose 6 in 1.

Having said that, my wife really loved the 6 in 1 I used on the Malnatis DD earlier in the week.

IMO, they were all pretty close (I really thought the S&W would get killed). If all properly seasoned, I think it would be too close to even matter.