Author Topic: Brigdgfort pepperoni?  (Read 2938 times)

Offline 007bond-jb

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza & Beer
Brigdgfort pepperoni?
« on: February 24, 2006, 03:17:26 PM »
Anybody ever tried this brand? found it at wally world in whole stick bout 20 inches long, is it any good? ???

Offline Aaron

• I'm a Beaver fan
Re: Brigdgfort pepperoni?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2006, 09:46:05 AM »
Since no one has answered your question,here goes.
Bridgeford offers two types of peperoni sticks.One looks like generic pep and it comes in a smaller stick,its pretty good.The second one comes in a larger stick,it looks a bit different,it has a bumpy texture on the outside.The second one is spicier and a bit more oily when cooked,but it tastes pretty good.
The nice thing about that product is if you like it,you can purchase it alot of retailers around the U.S.
Aaron

Offline gottabedapan

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2006, 01:45:24 PM »
Never heard of "Brigdgfort." :P Bridgeford, OTOHAIMNSHO, is great: it's greasy (in a NY street pizza kind of way), spicy, and loaded with flavor, AND, you get to slice it as thick or as thin as you like. I like to sink my teeth into my toppings, so most pre-sliced 'roni—even supposedly "thick-sliced"—is too thin for my liking. The only negative is that it's got a paper casing that you have to peel off before slicing. :(

Offline husker3in4

• Crazy for Pizza
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2006, 11:28:37 PM »
I bought the smaller, skinnier stick last week. It was $3.99 for the stick at my local grocery store. I had the deli slice it for me and tried it on a couple of pizzas. Comparing it to Hormel, Armour and the local grocery store brand, I like the Bridgeford better. I had them slice it pretty thin, so if you dont like your pepperoni curling up on your pizza, have them slice it thicker or put it under your cheese. It seemed less greasy than the other brands I mentioned too.

Offline enchant

• World-class pizza maker in the making
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2006, 08:42:28 AM »
The only negative is that it's got a paper casing that you have to peel off before slicing. :(
I absolutely love Bridgeford pepperoni.  When I have a fresh stick, I simply score the outside plastic and inside paper wrapping.  They come off pretty easy.  I is plenty oily.
--pat--

pizzapan