Author Topic: SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 6937 times)

Offline bigMoose

• Kneading is Happiness!
Re: SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2013, 10:35:33 AM »
I have learned so much on this site in my short time here.  Now to see the heart behind the people that are contributors is simply humbling... My congrats to Paige on her accomplishments and to Walter on his steadfast mentoring.  May I some day make a pizza half as good as Paige does everyday!

Offline waltertore

• Vendor
    • The Smiling With Hope Bakery
« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2013, 11:20:46 AM »
I have learned so much on this site in my short time here.  Now to see the heart behind the people that are contributors is simply humbling... My congrats to Paige on her accomplishments and to Walter on his steadfast mentoring.  May I some day make a pizza half as good as Paige does everyday!

thanks!  Come down and visit us someday.  We will teach you what we know.  Walter

here is a video of Paige making pies (very nervous in front of the camera).  those pictures I posted are at her job at Denison.  She has stopped making pizza there and switched to food prep.  She didn't like the way they do their pizza.  Last week she started hand tossing.  She has been afraid to drop them on the floor.  I finally got her over that.  The picture quality does not do justice to the pies and I have switched to a different pepperoni - Pavone small, curling type, with a bit of spice to it. 

« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 11:23:15 AM by waltertore »

Offline Serpentelli

• Supporting Member
    • Bat Man vs. The Penguin
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2013, 07:17:57 PM »
Walter,

Great job on the viddeo! Excellent narration and you know how we all are always rooting for you (and Paige)! Nice to see faces and hear your voice! Oh yeah --- GREAT looking pie!!

John K
I'm not wearing hockey pads!

Offline Aimless Ryan

• Snarky
« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2013, 07:26:51 PM »
What part of Ohio are you in, bigMoose?

Offline waltertore

• Vendor
« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2013, 02:27:14 PM »
Things continue to unfold in ways I never expected.  Last week while delivering cookies we make for a bookstore owner, who sells them at her shop and online, I ran into a longtime home pizza maker.  We hit it off and he came in today for a pie.  I showed him around and one thing led to another.  He is a filmaker and wants to make a documentary on our program. In exchange I am going to teach him how to make pizzas.   This is exciting because he has a complete studio of top end gear for film and we can make a quality film.  Up till now it has been all home camera stuff.  My dream would be for this generate some excitement and air at independent film festivals and show the world that disabled people can do things beyond our wildest expectations and other programs would pop up that got these people working instead of rotting on the vine all their lives. 
Also a premier pizza authority/pizza maker and writer has contacted me about doing a story on us in a very respected publication.   I couldn't believe this one with our little old shop in podunk OH where little ceasars rules.    I feel so blessed to have made it to this point.  I feel we are poised on really opening some minds on what can be done with the disabled population.  I pray I can keep my ego out of it all and just shed tears of joy and thanks.  Thanks to everyone here.  You all are more important to me than you ever will realize.  I live in isolation here with artisan breads/pizza.  This outlet has really helped me continue each day.  Walter
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 02:29:47 PM by waltertore »

Offline tinroofrusted

• Supporting Member
  • Experimenting....
« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2013, 05:22:10 PM »
Such great news Walter.  You are a perfect example of someone who has put himself out there at risk in order to do something worthwhile.  You are an authentic person and of course you and your students would be a great subject tor a documentary.  Go get em!

Offline Serpentelli

• Supporting Member
    • Bat Man vs. The Penguin
« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2013, 10:44:38 AM »
Each and every incredible success you achieve is well-earned Walter!

God Bless You and your students!

John K
I'm not wearing hockey pads!

Offline waltertore

• Vendor
« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2013, 05:37:44 PM »
thanks guys!  We are really rollin in dough-  dough of the soul :)  Walter
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 06:33:52 PM by waltertore »

Offline waltertore

• Vendor