Author Topic: motorino  (Read 606 times)

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
motorino
« on: November 17, 2013, 01:20:15 PM »
  i was in new york last week and had pizza at motorino in the east village. this was Wednesday afternoon and had a very enjoyable lunch. we ordered a soppresatta , margherita with fior di latte, and a buffalo mozzarella margherita .the lunch special of salad and pizza uses the fior di latte, for all of the pies. i wanted buffalo milk so i ordered the regular margherita. it was a wonderful lunch the dough is light and tender, it does get a little chewy as the pizza cools down. i realy think that it is a trait of this style of pizza. . i also like the chili oil option for crust dipping, it assures i leave with a clean plate
 while the pies were cooking i went up to watch the action there was one person cooking and making. he was very skilled and was cranking out pizzas for the dinning room as well as delivery. the dining room was half full and the delivery was extremely busy. i counted 7 orders on their seamless web order computer one had 7 pies on it.this place does a lot of business! i was able to ask a few questions and was told they use caputo and the dough is made off premise and refrigerated. the dough under the make table in left to rise at room temperature. i ask to feel the dough and it was just slightly cool and was not at all sticky.they were getting a cheese delivery and i counted 40 cases of grande rotondino.
 roberto calls this American style pizza and tells me that my flaw is that i make American pizza, it is very hard to change methods. he is right if you look at the membership all of our pizzas seem to have the pizza makers signature on them. that is one reason the Craig pie is so hard to reproduce.it is his signature method that get that look, and I'm sure taste.
  only two pictures of our pies
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 01:21:52 PM by thezaman »

Offline TXCraig1

Re: motorino
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2013, 01:25:45 PM »
A Motorino sopressata is one of my all-time favorite pies for sure!
I love pigs. They convert vegetables into bacon.

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 09:43:03 PM »
Oh Yeah ! but American,  really ? I too love this place !
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline Giggliato

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 08:18:15 AM »
I wonder how long it is refrigerated for and if they have attempted freezing their dough.

pizzapan