Author Topic: We have a blackstone pizza oven  (Read 1035 times)

Offline hatesonion

• I Love Pizza!
We have a blackstone pizza oven
« on: September 15, 2013, 05:45:03 PM »
Hi..  This is our third day trying to make pizza.   Been disaster after disaster.

Day one. We bought a bunch of red mill pizza flour.. Gluten free. The pizza cooked good,  but on the over only says 450f. Cooked for 4 minutes. And it tasted terrible. But looked good.. We will upload some pics.

Day two cumputo 00 showed up. Dough looked great. Tried to put the pizza into the oven. But this dough sealed itself to the peel. And fell into the blackstone oven. Small fire. Then was handled a plastic pancake flipper it instantly melted on the stone.. It was quite a scene.   Had a pizza delivered

Today. We used parchment paper. Everything went smooth. But my gauge only seems to go about 450ish on the top..  Cooked it for 4 minutes or so.. Pizza looked great, but is kinda no done inside.   

I see video of people cooking in only 90 seconds.. Yet I'm cooking for 4 minutes and its still not done?

Any tips would be great.  I ordered an infrared heat gun

scott123

Re: We have a blackstone pizza oven
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2013, 04:21:39 AM »
Rich, the oven is only part of the equation.  You need a good recipe, a good awareness of fermentation basics and good stretching/launching skills.  Can you post the recipe you're using?

pizzapan