Author Topic: Superpeel Durability  (Read 542 times)

Offline PizzaCzar

• I Love Pizza!
Superpeel Durability
« on: November 04, 2013, 07:01:39 AM »

Howdy, .............. new to this forum and actually first post outside of intro`s.

Been cooking for a long time and doing pizza`s just as long. Always used my vintage 'Pizza Gourmet' stone and square edge peel. After surfing this site about the many things talked about here, thought the Superpeel (new to me) is a neat idea. Not sure if I need one (I`d build one first), especially at the cost of them, but as a carpenter for as long as a cook, the Superpeel seems like they can structurally break at the points of the conveyor cut out. I mean if the peel is 16" wide and the cut out for the conveyor is 14", that leaves just an inch of wood on each side holding the rest of the peel and a heavy, raw pizza.

Anyone have these break on them? Or at least warp or bend at these two points?

Czar

Offline red kiosk

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Superpeel Durability
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013, 10:07:52 AM »
Czar,

It's a solid piece of wood, 14" wide with a beveled leading edge. The cloth belt wraps completely around the peel lengthwise (slotted for the handle). I have both the SuperPeel Pro and their new experimental WFO SuperPeel. They are built like a  tank and mine are always in use during pizza parties. Take care!

Jim
The pathologically precise are annoying, but right!

Offline PizzaCzar

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Superpeel Durability
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2013, 10:23:38 AM »
Thanks Jim, ................. If it is a solid piece of wood, any type, that would at least help explain the cost. Sounds like you never had a issue with the strength at those two point? Can you tell me more about the specific dimensions?

- Thickness of the peel where the handle meets the peel
- distance from the side of the peel to the slot for the opening (looks like an inch or so?)

Czar

pizzapan