Author Topic: Tuesday Is Feeding Day  (Read 952 times)

Offline red kiosk

• I Love Pizza!
Tuesday Is Feeding Day
« on: September 24, 2013, 07:17:31 PM »
for my three Italian babies… Ischia, Camaldoli and their half-sister -  Gluten-Free Ischia. Take care!

Jim
The pathologically precise are annoying, but right!

Online TXCraig1

• Craig's Neapolitan Garage
Re: Tuesday Is Feeding Day
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2013, 10:15:43 PM »
What do you feed gfischia?
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, commercial yeast when we must, but always great pizza."
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline red kiosk

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 06:53:02 AM »
What do you feed gfischia?

GF-Ischia has always been the "difficult" child. She was activated and is fed with Caputo FioreGlut. It took a bit longer to get her fully activated and after feeding, she's still a couple of hours behind her sisters when it comes to full activation. Take care!

Jim
The pathologically precise are annoying, but right!

Offline chasenpse

• Battle Hill Media
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2013, 02:02:42 PM »
Nice looking starters, those put mine to shame! For the other two starters does the type of flour used to feed have a big impact on the flavor, activity, acidity, etc. ?
If Tetris has taught me anything, it’s that errors pile up and accomplishments disappear.

Online TXCraig1

• Craig's Neapolitan Garage
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2013, 03:13:37 PM »
Nice looking starters, those put mine to shame! For the other two starters does the type of flour used to feed have a big impact on the flavor, activity, acidity, etc. ?

I haven't noticed much difference in mine when feeding them KAAP, KABF, or Caputo Pizzeria. In my case, I use very tiny quantities in dough (~1.3%), so I would expect that if flour is going to manifest in differences, I would see it in the final dough - not the culture though I haven't noticed flavor difference in the final dough either. Perhaps if you use large quantities of culture in your dough it might be different.
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, commercial yeast when we must, but always great pizza."
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

pizzapan