Author Topic: Here we go! My FGM 950B journey!  (Read 9662 times)

Offline csafranek

Here we go! My FGM 950B journey!
« on: September 17, 2013, 02:13:15 PM »
I can't believe it has finally coming together!  It has been a long journey just getting to this point.  Let me start out by saying Antoine at FGM has been amazing to work with.  I currently own a Forno Bravo P70 which I purchased late last year.  That process of purchasing an oven was an event to say the least.  Antoine was in the running for an oven back then and the only reason I didn't go with his oven then was due to money and me not knowing where a WFO would lead me (well the WFO has made me a fanatic about Neapolitan Style pizza to say the least).  Well, after using the FB oven I know now that I would like to move up at get a great new oven of from Antoine in the form of a FGM 950B oven.  I am going to be adding a portion onto my current patio and building this oven with a roof.  Please I welcome any and all comments and will answer any and all questions as best as I can during this process.  I just put the check in the mail for my oven and due to the rain here I haven't been able to pour my new concrete for my oven.  As soon as it is possible I will be pouring the concrete and keeping an updated log along the way.  If anyone is in the Kansas City Missouri area I will soon be selling a FB P70  :-D :-D

Chad

Offline RobynB

• Lifetime Member
Re: Here we go! My FGM 950B journey!
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2013, 08:15:06 PM »
Congratulations, Chad!  Did you go with the low dome or raised?  Feel free to ask anything during your install.

Offline csafranek

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2013, 10:34:05 PM »
Thank you! I went with the lower dome. It's all about the pizza!  :-D  :-D

Offline fornographer

• Supporting Member
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2013, 06:44:30 AM »
I hope you create a detailed thread of your experience. In a few years I might upgrade to a bigger oven.

Offline csafranek

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2013, 07:50:08 PM »
So here is where my oven is going!

Offline csafranek

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2013, 07:52:32 PM »
Here is where the new patio add on is going for my build.

Offline Pizzaddict

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2013, 10:13:07 AM »
Good luck with your build...you are going to love the oven!  I had a few questions on my recent 950C build and a number of forumites were very helpful with suggestions...I'd be happy to reciprocate if you need any suggestions.  Now, time for me to get off the forum and go make some dough (the edible kind)!

Offline csafranek

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2013, 04:11:27 PM »
Good luck with your build...you are going to love the oven!  I had a few questions on my recent 950C build and a number of forumites were very helpful with suggestions...I'd be happy to reciprocate if you need any suggestions.  Now, time for me to get off the forum and go make some dough (the edible kind)!

Thank you very much! I'm sure I will have questions.

Chad

Offline csafranek

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2013, 03:55:14 PM »
Ok everyone.  How high should I build my base before I put my oven and everything else on top of it?  I am 5'10" if that helps out. 

Thank you,

Chad

Offline breadstoneovens

• Vendor
    • Bread Stone Ovens
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2013, 05:12:06 PM »
Ok everyone.  How high should I build my base before I put my oven and everything else on top of it?  I am 5'10" if that helps out. 

Thank you,

Chad

I would suggest 50" for you. But you should try it out on a counter top.

Antoine
WFO cooking is about passion.

Offline kiwipete

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2013, 06:25:44 PM »
I took my pizza peel and held it in a position that I felt was the most comfortable for me to take pizze in and out of the oven.

Got my wife to measure the distance to the floor and calculated it form there (allow for hearth thickness etc).

Offline csafranek

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2013, 07:04:30 PM »
Concrete is poured!

Offline Rick M

• Supporting Member
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2013, 12:10:16 PM »
Chad,

My 950B is 50" to the floor, if had to do it again, 50", I am 5' 10"     My shelf in front of the oven 11.5"     Have fun with the build, mine is 13 months old.    Feel free to ask any questions.

Rick M
It was love at first Slice!

Offline csafranek

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2013, 08:29:58 AM »
Wow that is a great build and movable!!!! Thanks for the info!

Offline csafranek

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2013, 09:01:38 PM »
Well my oven gets here tomorrow!!!! Unfortunately due work and rain I haven't been able to get the base done. Hopefully this coming week I will have much more progress!

Chad

Offline csafranek

« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2013, 08:54:25 AM »
Well my oven arrived yesterday!!!!!

Offline csafranek

« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2013, 08:55:45 AM »
Now just hoping for clear weather. Hopefully installing my base this Monday or Tuesday if the rain stays away! I'm ready to get going just need mother natures help.  ;D

Offline csafranek

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2013, 09:15:59 AM »
So the base is being installed now. Hope the rain holds off a while until the base is completed. I am ready to put the oven together and get going and cure and cook! Very exciting and can't wait to see what this 950B oven can do!!! Hopefully finish this part of the base and get the top done today!

Offline csafranek

« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2013, 09:08:25 PM »
So it is pretty dark out so I hope this picture turns out ok but the top base is done!!! In a couple of days I will be placing this beautiful oven on top!!! I will post another when it get lighter out tomorrow.

Offline csafranek

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2013, 03:33:57 PM »
Here we go putting the oven together!!! Very excited this oven is gorgeous! First off the floor. Not tooooooo heavy.

pizzapan