Author Topic: pizza sauce  (Read 2486 times)

Offline amanyrabie

• I Love Pizza!
pizza sauce
« on: September 18, 2013, 01:58:03 AM »
I need help
what is the best brand of cans and the recipe to make 12 cans (6 lb 11 oz  each ) pizza sauce for restaurant
Thank you

Offline PizzaPrint

• I Love Pizza!
Re: pizza sauce
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2013, 04:31:11 PM »
I am sure that everybody has their own 'secret sauce' and you might have a hard time getting anybodies recipe  :chef: :chef:

A lot of the shops that we work with however use Stanislaus brand tomatoes as a base.  They are a little more expensive than some others but they are consistent and not watery.

I hope that helps point you in the right direction...

Offline GotRocks

• Trying to get financing sucks!
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2013, 03:05:37 PM »
I like to use the "Full Red" heavy puree from Stanislaus, I add my seasonings, and cut with water.
A skinny cook is not to be trusted!

Offline waltertore

• Vendor
    • The Smiling With Hope Bakery
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2013, 03:43:58 PM »
We use 7/11 with a tad of dried oregano, fresh crushed garlic, and grated DOP Romano Pecorino cheese in lieu of salt.  It needs no sugar IMO.  I like the skins in the sauce.   Walter

Offline dmcavanagh

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2013, 06:42:25 PM »
If someone's running a pizza restaurant and has to come here to ask about a sauce recipe, I'd be buying my pizza elsewhere!

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2013, 06:47:48 PM »
Dave,

This forum is like a charity. Our doors are open for all who wish to enter. If we can help them, that is what we try to do.

Peter

Offline scott123

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2013, 01:22:24 AM »
Dave, joining a forum and asking questions relating to improving one's product represents an encouraging form of intellectual curiosity.  While there are exceptions to this rule, generally speaking, the intellectually curious make better pizza than the non intellectually curious.  If you look at the pizzas made by members on this forum and compare them to the pizzas you find in your typical neighborhood pizza, the difference in quality seems to bear this out.  This is why when long time members make the move to go professional, they tend to be quite successful.

I would much rather dine at a restaurant run by someone who is aware of their faults and actively working to correct them (by asking questions here) then to dine at a place run by someone who either doesn't really care all that much or who thinks their product is the best when it really isn't, which, as I'm sure you're aware, is most of the industry. For your average mom & pop pizzeria, apathy and/or false pride is unfortunately the norm, while intellectual curiosity is the exception.

To a small extent- an extent that will hopefully grow over time, communities such as this one are in a position to change that paradigm and create a much larger percentage of thinking, conscientious and self critical pizzeria owners.  And that all starts with questions like these.

Offline jkb

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2013, 03:59:37 AM »
This is homework that should be done before opening up shop.  However, running a successful pizzeria is more about business sense than quality pizza.  I had a subscription to Pizza Today.  All you have to do is read the Q&A columns to realize how many operators don't have a clue about how to make good pizza.  I'm with Dave on this one.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 04:05:35 AM by jkb »

Offline DustinA

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2013, 05:41:27 AM »
Amany, I would highly, highly recommend checking out November's recipe in the link below.  I just tried this one out with a can of 7/11's and once I get through the last couple of jars, I'm going to try it with 6 in 1's.  It is rediculously good.

Also, there are a lot of places that will use the Stanislaus Pizzaiolo sauce straight out of the can.  Really solid sauce that stands out on it's own and one that also serves as a great base for experimentation.

http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,3735.0.html
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 05:43:07 AM by DustinA »

Offline amanyrabie

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2013, 01:47:26 AM »
thanks to everyone reply to my post
the reason I ask that I am working in a pizza shop for almost nine months and the owner never did any recipe in front of me and I don't know why people think that way I am not going to open a business next to them   . now i am thinking to have my own business and I heard that I will get the business by its own recipe but I am trying to know from your experience guys

so please if any one know a good recipe for pizza sauce for restaurant ( recipe for a can 6bl 11 oz ) the pizza shop I work with theye open 12 cans but I have no idea what spices they put there       

again thank you so much for your help

Offline jkb

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2013, 05:25:20 AM »
Can you ask the owner how it's made, or is he keeping it a secret?

Offline jsaras

• Supporting Member
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2013, 10:54:22 AM »
After trying a lot a sauces with a lot of herbs and spices I surprised myself when I made the best sauce I ever tasted with just garlic powder, oregano and red pepper flakes.  The simple sauce provided the perfect contrast to the cheese and the other ingredients.  I guess that it's more effective to use "primary colors".
Things have never been more like today than they are right now.

Offline waltertore

• Vendor
    • The Smiling With Hope Bakery
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2013, 01:42:23 PM »
After trying a lot a sauces with a lot of herbs and spices I surprised myself when I made the best sauce I ever tasted with just garlic powder, oregano and red pepper flakes.  The simple sauce provided the perfect contrast to the cheese and the other ingredients.  I guess that it's more effective to use "primary colors".

I guess it all is what one is raised on.  I agree, a simple sauce is the best sauce.  The dough should be the focus point of a pizza IMO and a high quality sauce and cheese compliment it but never overpower it.  It seems most of the USA, once you get out of the nyc area, goes the other way.  I should back up on that and say when I was raised in the NYC area that was the norm.  Now when I go back to visit my family I am amazed at how crappy most pizzerias are and how they have abandoned a great crust for toppings. Walter
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 01:44:57 PM by waltertore »

Offline amanyrabie

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2013, 01:07:20 AM »
to jkb
I am sure they
 keeping it a secret

Offline GotRocks

• Trying to get financing sucks!
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2013, 12:00:20 PM »

I am a huge proponent of "Keep it simple" Let the dough, the meats, and the sauce all work together.
In my opinion, many sauces are overly seasoned and they clash with the rest of the pie
A skinny cook is not to be trusted!

Offline gabaghool

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2013, 06:31:23 PM »
If someone's running a pizza restaurant and has to come here to ask about a sauce recipe, I'd be buying my pizza elsewhere!

really??

Offline gabaghool

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2013, 11:55:12 AM »
We use Stanislaus Valaroso tomatoes.......salt, sugar and black pepper.   Any other herbs......oregano and fresh basil are put on the pizza just before and after the bake.  In my case, it just seemed that putting the dry oregano in the sauce in the bucket simply made it taste too oregano...y??  You understand?  Its just like using hot pepper flakes.....if you sautee the flakes in oil, the heat and flavor permeates everything, where as if you simply FINISH with hot pepper flakes, you don't get the heat in every bite......and for certain dishes I prefer that.  I like oregano, but I prefer it not as pronounced.  We also finish a pizza with a bit of EVOO and Pecorino Romano.....for most pies.

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2013, 12:14:32 PM »
Ha ha...that was funny Dave! Especially since he never said he was currently running a restaurant!!  :-D

I need help
what is the best brand of cans and the recipe to make 12 cans (6 lb 11 oz  each ) pizza sauce for restaurant
Thank you

"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

pizzapan