Author Topic: VIDEO: 10 things about Italy we love  (Read 608 times)

Offline Bill/SFNM

• Lifetime Member
VIDEO: 10 things about Italy we love
« on: September 18, 2013, 07:22:13 AM »
I hate "top-10" lists. I love this video:

https://vimeo.com/70776419

Offline Jet_deck

• Supporting Member
Re: VIDEO: 10 things about Italy we love
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2013, 09:39:22 AM »
The Parma Ham video made my mouth water.
Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes bends

Offline mbrulato

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2013, 09:53:57 AM »
❤❤❤❤❤

Love it!  Thanks for sharing.  Loved the truffles, wine and olive oil parts - they were my favorite!
Mary Ann

Offline stonecutter

• Old World Stone & Garden
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2013, 10:21:24 AM »
Enjoyed it!
http://oldworldstoneandgarden.com/

Look at a stone cutter hammering away at his rock, perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred-and-first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not the last blow that did it, but all that had gone before.
Jacob August Riis

Offline Bill/SFNM

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2013, 11:09:08 AM »
As much as I hate top-ten lists (lazy journalists who can't be bothered to create something of real substance), this video makes me imagine how I would create a video about my favorite foods for my own country. Some ideas:

1. BBQ (montage of ribs, brisket, pulled pork sandwich, happy kids and old people with sauce all over their faces)

2. Pizza (the main US varieties so as not to ignite a flame war, but for me it includes a slow dolly shot of a floppy NYC slice, tip entering the mouth of a supermodel)

3. Fried chicken sizzling in the fryer

4. Burger and Fries

5. Beach party with Maine lobster, blue crabs, oysters, clam chowder, cioppino, ...

6. A long Burns-effect montage of different ethnic foods (pastrami sandwich, tacos, Ducks hanging in Chinatown window, kielbasas, pho, sushi, macaroni with gravy, ....)

7. Amber waves of grain fading to loaves of artisan bread loaves being pulled from oven.

Sound track: America, Simon and Garfunkel

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W773ZPJhcVw" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W773ZPJhcVw</a>

That's my imaginary video! I'm sure the moment I press "POST" I'll remember all the things I forgot.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 11:33:10 AM by Bill/SFNM »

Offline mkevenson

• Lifetime Member
  • Roos! Protector of Fowl
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2013, 11:11:01 AM »
What a treat in the AM. Grazie!
"Gettin' better all the time" Beatles

Offline jeff v

• I'm Valentino not Varasano :)
    • Pizzeria Valentino
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2013, 02:47:25 PM »
As much as I hate top-ten lists (lazy journalists who can't be bothered to create something of real substance), this video makes me imagine how I would create a video about my favorite foods for my own country. Some ideas:

1. BBQ (montage of ribs, brisket, pulled pork sandwich, happy kids and old people with sauce all over their faces)

2. Pizza (the main US varieties so as not to ignite a flame war, but for me it includes a slow dolly shot of a floppy NYC slice, tip entering the mouth of a supermodel)

3. Fried chicken sizzling in the fryer

4. Burger and Fries

5. Beach party with Maine lobster, blue crabs, oysters, clam chowder, cioppino, ...

6. A long Burns-effect montage of different ethnic foods (pastrami sandwich, tacos, Ducks hanging in Chinatown window, kielbasas, pho, sushi, macaroni with gravy, ....)

7. Amber waves of grain fading to loaves of artisan bread loaves being pulled from oven.

Sound track: America, Simon and Garfunkel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W773ZPJhcVw

That's my imaginary video! I'm sure the moment I press "POST" I'll remember all the things I forgot.

Excellent idea! It would be great to see that. I'd like to get California wine country in there and maybe a bourbon distillery in mine. Heck since we're America maybe we can have a top 10 with 12 or 13 things in there.  :-D

Offline trosenberg

• Burning Desire for Pizza
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2013, 08:47:42 PM »
Great video! Reminded me of a very interesting food tour on one of my trips when I was near Parma.  Visited a small producer of Parmesan Reggiano then to a producer of Prosciutto de Parma and ended up at a small producer of balsamic vinegar.  Worth doing if you are ever in that neck of the woods.
Trosenberg

pizzapan