Author Topic: Staying Young With Apples......  (Read 505 times)

Offline Jackitup

Staying Young With Apples......
« on: September 19, 2013, 12:43:14 AM »
Sooooo, for years I've been watching some screwball neighbors 3 blocks away let their house go to hell and garage FULL of crap and neglect 2 beautiful apple trees in the front yard and just let them drop and rot on the ground. We live in a VERY nice area and I guess everyone has a couple goofs. INCLUDING the 58 year old teenager that just went for a short walk and came home with a 25 pound bag of wonderful green blush apples. If they would spray them only a couple times a year they would be top of the line. As is, very tart, crispy apples, just how I like them! How would a 58 year old man talk his way out of this one with the cops :-D :-D So that's how I got to feel like a teenager tonite, stealing apples from a neighbors yard for the 1st time in 45+ years.....MINUS the 20 gauge salt loads of my youth that my buddies and I remember in our back side >:D :-D Might have to volunteer my spraying services next year and see how good these apples can REALLY be ;D

jon....the delinquent!!!
Save A Cow, Eat A Vegan....Totally Organic And Hormone Free!!

Offline redox

Re: Staying Young With Apples......
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2013, 12:57:29 AM »
Sooooo, for years I've been watching some screwball neighbors 3 blocks away let their house go to hell and garage FULL of crap and neglect 2 beautiful apple trees in the front yard and just let them drop and rot on the ground. We live in a VERY nice area and I guess everyone has a couple goofs. INCLUDING the 58 year old teenager that just went for a short walk and came home with a 25 pound bag of wonderful green blush apples. If they would spray them only a couple times a year they would be top of the line. As is, very tart, crispy apples, just how I like them! How would a 58 year old man talk his way out of this one with the cops :-D :-D So that's how I got to feel like a teenager tonite, stealing apples from a neighbors yard for the 1st time in 45+ years.....MINUS the 20 gauge salt loads of my youth that my buddies and I remember in our back side >:D :-D Might have to volunteer my spraying services next year and see how good these apples can REALLY be ;D

jon....the delinquent!!!
Around here the freakin' squirrels will take a bite of an apple and drop it on the ground and move to the next apple. The ground will be littered with a hundred one-bite apples. I hate those arboreal rodents. I wrote a pretty good Haiku about a squirrel, I wish I could find it.

Offline Jackitup

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2013, 01:27:53 AM »
Was thinking about going out ans shooting a bag of tree rats this weekend. Don't come much better than squirrel and biscuits and gravy!!! :drool:
Save A Cow, Eat A Vegan....Totally Organic And Hormone Free!!

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2013, 08:39:44 AM »
Lol Jon, you first post was very funny.  I used to have a tree that produced those same apples.  I really liked the taste of those apples in applesauce, apple pies and apple dumplings.

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2013, 09:05:40 AM »
Around here the freakin' squirrels will take a bite of an apple and drop it on the ground and move to the next apple. The ground will be littered with a hundred one-bite apples. I hate those arboreal rodents.

I love squirrel limb chicken.
Pizza is not bread.

Offline mbrulato

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2013, 09:06:22 AM »

jon....the delinquent!!!

Jon,

You've given me the bug to go apple picking this weekend, but I don't have any neighbors with apple trees >:D. I guess I'll just go to the orchard.

Mary Ann
Mary Ann

pizzapan