Author Topic: Puccia Bread (Old Itallian)  (Read 2860 times)

Offline mountain adventures

• I Love Pizza!
Puccia Bread (Old Itallian)
« on: September 20, 2013, 12:48:26 AM »
I saw a EAT STREET Episode tonight.  Theres a dude in Texas that is making Puccia Bread Sandwiches. He has a wood fired oven that he is baking the bread in. From the looks of it, he has a 4 inch tall metal band that separates his baking area from the red hot coals. The recipes I saw for this bread said to bake around 500 degrees F.

The guys place is called Luckys Puccias  in Austin Tx. He is originally from Italy.

Does anyone know a god recipe for this bread?  Anyone know anything about this?

Offline apizza

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
Re: Puccia Bread (Old Itallian)
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2013, 12:20:27 PM »

Offline gabaghool

• Lifetime Member
Re: Puccia Bread (Old Itallian)
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2014, 10:40:54 AM »
I saw a EAT STREET Episode tonight.  Theres a dude in Texas that is making Puccia Bread Sandwiches. He has a wood fired oven that he is baking the bread in. From the looks of it, he has a 4 inch tall metal band that separates his baking area from the red hot coals. The recipes I saw for this bread said to bake around 500 degrees F.

The guys place is called Luckys Puccias  in Austin Tx. He is originally from Italy.

Does anyone know a god recipe for this bread?  Anyone know anything about this?

yes...i saw that episode.....the concept looked great......cooking your sandwich bread TO ORDER!!  They are called puccias, but in reality, they bear little resemblence to puccias you find in italy.  While italian recipes vary a great deal, its basically an olive studded type of bread there.  In NYC, theres a place that basically does the same thing, and they call their breads PANEUZZOS.....which you can find in italy as well. 

Same idea....baking a pizza dough ball, only paneuzzo's are stretched into a type of hoagie or grinder roll.  Placed in a brick oven, it springs and slightly chars....its then split and stuffed with various fillings.

I really LOVE this idea....its a perfect concept for the current CHIPOTLE STYLE rage........

pizzapan