Author Topic: selling pizza from home kitchen  (Read 1679 times)

Offline terryfisher09

• I Love Pizza!
Re: selling pizza from home kitchen
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2013, 01:52:59 PM »
you took two statements from two posts and mix it into one statement ...  not cool.. this is purely a business statement
so please can we stay on the subject : )  focus is a big thing.. still waiting for help from other members. 

This statement is the most interesting aspect to this post, besides you asking those trying to help you to "stay on the subject"

Is there a common courtesy issue here?

Mark

Online Aimless Ryan

• Snarky
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2013, 02:56:54 PM »
please keep in mind this is 5-6 pies a day and I don't intend to make it bigger than this.. just wana make my 3 bigones evey month.

Who do you think is gonna order from you if you limit business to 5-6 pizzas a day? And if you are able to maintain such a business model, are you gonna run the oven all day, or are you gonna be open for an hour? A specific hour?

If I'm gonna jump through your hoops and try to order from you, your stuff better be by far the best pizza I've ever had (if I can even get any of it).

Wait a minute. Nevermind. I'm not gonna jump through your hoops.

Offline tombiasi

« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2013, 03:24:10 PM »
You can really get $25.00 a pizza?

Offline gabaghool

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2013, 03:58:13 PM »
Bye....I'm done........GOOD luck....

Offline terryfisher09

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2013, 11:59:04 PM »
with delivery this is the minimum bill amount.
it's a large size.
and considering the size of this operation, a counter top electric commercial grade will be enough, and I will only offer two sizes.
I have my eye now on zesto ( price)  and admiral ( 975)

You can really get $25.00 a pizza?

Offline scott123

« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2013, 12:05:08 AM »
Terry, do not buy a countertop pizza oven. They're nothing more than a toaster oven with stones.

How hot does your home oven get? What style of pizza are you planning on selling?

Offline terryfisher09

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2013, 09:43:06 AM »
thanks for the advice scott : )

325 degree celsius
It's not napolitana, nor deep dish, it's close to American style pizza. The pizza has a rim, and how I open the dough, is by pushing the dough evenly  first to the edges to a certain size, then roll the dough out , then hand toss/stretch it to it's final size.

then I place it on corn mealed peel baord, make a rim and top it off before throwing it into the oven.

Where I work I cook it at 450-550 C on a bakers pride pizza stone runs on gas, and I turn the pizza  to make sure all sides are cooked. I have always to be quick not to lose the oven temp so I'm swift in getting the pizza in and out of the oven. 

I'm giving this details because I want to replicate what I do at work but on a smaller scale ofcourse.
Terry, do not buy a countertop pizza oven. They're nothing more than a toaster oven with stones.

How hot does your home oven get? What style of pizza are you planning on selling?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 11:56:07 AM by terryfisher09 »

Offline pythonic

• Pizza......its what's for dinner!
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2013, 12:05:55 AM »
$25 Canadian for a American style pizza?  That better be some really good pizza.  You can get two larges at Pizza Hut for $22.
If you can dodge a wrench you can dodge a ball.

pizzapan