Author Topic: 2Stone Bliss  (Read 8383 times)

Offline Serpentelli

• Supporting Member
Re: 2Stone Bliss
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2013, 01:49:28 PM »
Hey all,  I figured that while this thread is up and running,  and showing the quality differences between the 2 stone and the blackstone,  I have a full 2 stone,  that is in excellent condition up for sale.  As you can see it makes a wonderful pizza.  If you are interested in more information,  please drop me a PM.  Thanks -Marc

Marc,

Can I ask why you are selling? And which model do you have? I have a neighbor who was drooling last night....

John K
I'm not wearing hockey pads!

Offline Everlast

« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2013, 03:45:42 PM »
Congrats on the oven John! I have the 2stone Inferno and use it all the time. I've found that a pizza peel with a 20" handle and a 13" width works really well. I have the GI. Metal A-32R/50.

Offline Serpentelli

• Supporting Member
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2013, 04:07:44 PM »
Congrats on the oven John! I have the 2stone Inferno and use it all the time. I've found that a pizza peel with a 20" handle and a 13" width works really well. I have the GI. Metal A-32R/50.

Oh, I know you've got one...your (gorgeous) pies are the ones that initially made me even take a second look at this oven. Glad I did. Hopefully I can rely on you for some pointers as I get more into it. Thanks for the peel tip!

John K

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2013, 04:39:17 PM »
My kids love it. Wife, not so much, yet.

Same holds true for my oven as well. Except for the 'yet' part anyway. I'm pretty sure that day will never come.
Pizza is not bread.

Offline Serpentelli

• Supporting Member
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2013, 04:57:17 PM »
Same holds true for my oven as well. Except for the 'yet' part anyway. I'm pretty sure that day will never come.

Yeah, true but the way I see it this pizza thing is a pretty "family-friendly" hobdiction. :-D

Offline Serpentelli

• Supporting Member
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2013, 08:42:38 PM »
A few from tonight. 20 min heat-up. 60 second pies. Last night dough was "too cold".  Tonight's dough was "too warm". But the 2stone performed like a champ!

John K

Offline Everlast

« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2013, 01:54:56 PM »
Oh, I know you've got one...your (gorgeous) pies are the ones that initially made me even take a second look at this oven. Glad I did. Hopefully I can rely on you for some pointers as I get more into it. Thanks for the peel tip!

John K

Thanks! Yeah, let me know if you have any questions. I think I have the 2stone Inferno dialed in pretty well but feel like I'm still learning something new at every bake. What are you using for an oven brush? I've been using this Weber brush (http://www.amazon.com/Weber-6424-21-Inch-T-Brush/dp/B000WEMFSO/?tag=pizzamaking-20), which is OK, but have been looking for something along the lines of a mini wood fired oven brass bristle brush and haven't been able to find anything.

Offline corkd

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2013, 09:08:59 AM »
......but have been looking for something along the lines of a mini wood fired oven brass bristle brush and haven't been able to find anything.

I bought one from this site: http://brickovenbaker.com/brick-oven-and-baking-tools?zenid=33824cd51d62dd6cdeeb281626c06daf
It works well with my 2stone grill setup- I just had to re-  mount the scraper to make it more compact.

Clay
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 10:45:40 AM by Pete-zza »

Offline JohnA

« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2013, 12:43:25 AM »
You can also get a pretty nice pizza oven/grill brush from Amazon, for only $14.75

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0096SBUIS/?tag=pizzamaking-20

Offline Everlast

« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2013, 01:49:26 PM »
Thanks for the brush recommendations guys. The brush on Amazon, though much more affordable, was what I was hoping to avoid. The gaps between each row of bristles makes it not as effective. Clay, does your brush have the 48" handle? Do you like that length?

Offline corkd

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2013, 04:49:30 PM »
Thanks for the brush recommendations guys. The brush on Amazon, though much more affordable, was what I was hoping to avoid. The gaps between each row of bristles makes it not as effective. Clay, does your brush have the 48" handle? Do you like that length?
Mine has a 36" handle, which works fine for the 2stone. 48" would be better for my WFO. The handle just screws off, & would be easy to replace.

Offline Serpentelli

• Supporting Member
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2013, 08:12:47 AM »
A few from last night. We defrosted some NY dough and NP dough last night. Still learning to exercise some restraint with the heat of this thing! It's "too easy" to get it to whatever temp you want so I was a bit too enthusiastic with the bottom stone temp for the NY pies!

The step-up in temp for the NP pies was simple. It got there in the time it took to eat the second NY pie!

I especially like the "in-and-out" adjustment rod on the front of this oven. It allows or 1 additional level of control that the BS doesn't. With the rod pushed all the way back the flames can be made to roll over the top of the oven. With the bar pulled all the way forward the exact opposite occurs, which is great for slower, lower heat applications.

John K

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2013, 09:06:50 AM »
Nice job John.  The pies are looking good.  8)

Offline Serpentelli

• Supporting Member
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2013, 04:03:27 PM »
Nice job John.  The pies are looking good.  8)

Thanks Chau,

They were lazy man leftover topping pies. Aged mozzarella on all, including the margh. Not the prettiest but we were hungry!

Offline Mmmph

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2013, 07:18:35 PM »
You're getting your money's worth there, John.
Nicey!
Sono venuto, ho visto, ho mangiato

Offline Serpentelli

• Supporting Member
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2013, 09:43:47 PM »
You're getting your money's worth there, John.
Nicey!

'preciate that, Sir!

Offline Serpentelli

• Supporting Member
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2013, 11:24:25 PM »
Just three pizzas tonight:

Defrosted IDY dough. Bottom stone 750. Burner pushed all the way back.

1. Pepperoni (for my daughter)
2. My version of Varasano's Nuci (minced olives + peppadew, fresh garlic, fresh thyme + rosemary, gruyere; finished with arugula + capaccola)
3.  Sausage, Sliced Garlic, and Pepadew

John K
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 11:26:14 PM by Serpentelli »

Offline Mmmph

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2013, 11:30:53 PM »
Hellzyeah, John.
Beautiful.
Sono venuto, ho visto, ho mangiato

Offline Serpentelli

• Supporting Member
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2013, 12:27:46 AM »
Hellzyeah, John.
Beautiful.

Thanks,

Remind me to ask you about your pistachio pesto. Was thinking about that one tonite....

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2013, 01:48:20 AM »
Great looking pies John.

Why do you write "(for my daughter)" after pepperoni? Is there something childish about liking pepperoni I should know about?  ??? I like pepperoni.  :'(
Pizza is not bread.

pizzapan