Author Topic: Angelo & Franco Hawthorne CA  (Read 432 times)

Offline bbqchuck

Angelo & Franco Hawthorne CA
« on: September 27, 2013, 02:27:55 AM »
My wife came home with this the other night.  I haven't tried it yet.  Anyone have experience with this mozz?  Looks like its made in one of the old Northrop Aircraft buildings a few miles away from my home.  That street (Jack Northrop Ave) used to be named Broadway and we would drag race on that street 40 yrs ago.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 05:02:42 PM by bbqchuck »

Offline bbqchuck

Re: Angelo & Franco Hawthorne CA
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2013, 09:52:56 PM »
I made pie with this cheese on half and BelGioioso.  The pie was bake on a Blackstone oven with a 650f deck.  But more importantly to the cheese, it was baked with the burner near low.

The Bel-G was rubbery and salty.  This Angelo & Franko was smooth and creamy and I thought was about the same as the costco bufala.

Offline bbqchuck

Re: Angelo & Franco Hawthorne CA
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, 10:18:20 PM »
I was in costco tonight to pick up some mozz.  It turns out this cheese is carried by my costco in Torrance.  I did see the Gar.... buf mozz along side it.  But frankly, I like this better and it's less than half the price.  Not that the difference in price would make much difference per pie.  So, I bought another tub of this brand.

I'm mixing the Bel-G and Angelo & Franco 50-50 with good results.   I think the next pie will include some smoked gouda too.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 11:01:49 PM by bbqchuck »