Author Topic: How can I reduced the Oven Time for NY Style Pizza ?  (Read 533 times)

Offline pizzero22

• I Love Pizza!
How can I reduced the Oven Time for NY Style Pizza ?
« on: February 09, 2015, 12:32:48 PM »
Hi

I have a gas commercial oven with stone. I prehead the stone for 1 hour before star to work with a NY Style Pizza ( thin dough ). I am using  perforate trays to enter the pizza in the oven and then take out of the perforate trays and put the pizza directly in the oven stone.

My cooking time this way is about 25 to 30 minutes ( temperature about 350 grades celcius ).. too long for my rush ours orders.

How can I reduce this time ?

Should i put the pizza directly in the stone from the star ? How can avoid them to stick in the stone ?

What temperarute is the optimal for the oven ?

Thanks in advance

Offline theppgcowboy

Re: How can I reduced the Oven Time for NY Style Pizza ?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2015, 04:49:02 PM »
I do not see how a 670 degree F oven can take 20 to 30 minutes.  Something is off here.  I go directly to the deck and I am about 6 to 7 minutes at 575. Mine are very thin pizzas.

Offline TXCraig1

• Craig's Neapolitan Garage
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2015, 10:30:30 PM »
I'm thinking your temperature must be 350F not C. 25-30 minutes is probably about what it would take to bake a pizza at 350F.  Like PPG said, no way is it 350C/662F if you are baking for 25+ minutes.

Somewhere in the 500-550F range is probably optimal for NY pizza in your oven, but it's hard to say without knowing more about your oven. Post some pictures of your oven and pizza, and you will likely get better advice.
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, commercial yeast when we must, but always great pizza."
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline vrumvrum

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2015, 01:03:40 PM »
25 to 30m @350c will pretty much result in burnt pizza.   I'm with Craig here,  you must have F and C mixed up. 

Offline pizzero22

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2015, 11:17:11 PM »
Thanks you very much everybody. Temperature were in F not in Celcius. Just fixed something and put more power to my Blodgett Gas Over and now my pizzas are ready in 10 to 12 minutes !