Author Topic: Lombardi's Pizza 5 cents each..today  (Read 650 times)

Offline pizzaboyfan

• Supporting Member

Offline TXCraig1

• Craig's Neapolitan Garage
Re: Lombardi's Pizza 5 cents each..today
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2015, 01:12:48 PM »
Only 5 cents more than they are worth.  :-X
Pizza is not bread. Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline nick57

• Supporting Member
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2015, 03:35:20 PM »
  Unless you just have try a Lombardi's pie, I would never stand hours in line. I don't think I would ever stand in a long line to eat anything. I usually go early for lunch and dinner, I usually don't spend hours eating and don't want to wait that long for a meal. In Europe eating is a social event, I've done that. It's a different mindset, and is a lot of fun. Unfortunately I won't be going overseas anymore. It's getting dangerous for Americans. Last time I was there, I was going to the airport and the Red Brigade blew up a bus in front of us. You know you are in trouble when you arrive and you see armoured personnel carriers and soldiers with automatic weapons.

Offline jsaras

• Supporting Member
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2015, 07:26:32 PM »

>:D
Things have never been more like today than they are right now.

Offline PizzaEater101

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2015, 11:05:36 PM »

Describe why their pizza is so bad?  If it's so bad then yeah it's not worth even a cent. Just curious because I have never been there but seen it on TV and how popular or at least hyped it is.  Thanks ...

Offline Tscarborough

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Pizza Anarchy
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2015, 11:24:44 PM »
The key to any restaurant being "good" is being consistent. Never having been there, I can only go by pics, and it is not consistent.

I do not stand in line for food, period. 

Offline Essen1

• Supporting Member
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2015, 01:14:11 AM »
Enough with Lombardi.

It's a shell of its former self.Let it go.
Mike

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."  - Albert Einstein

Offline TXCraig1

• Craig's Neapolitan Garage
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2015, 08:40:54 AM »
Describe why their pizza is so bad?  If it's so bad then yeah it's not worth even a cent. Just curious because I have never been there but seen it on TV and how popular or at least hyped it is.  Thanks ...

Here is what I wrote about it after visiting in 2012:

"All I really have to say about it is yuck. It was one of the worst pies Iíve eaten in a long time (granted I donít often put myself in a position to eat truly bad pies). But in the league of pies Iíve been eating recently, it places a solid dead last. It was dry, tough, and flat. There was not a single special thing about any of it. The crust had no flavor, and it defines bready pizza. This pizza was baked on bread Ė not pizza crust. If you told me it came out of the freezer section of the grocery store, I'd believe it. I donít know what they are thinking calling it Neapolitan pizza."

http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=17056.msg166050#msg166050
Pizza is not bread. Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline PizzaEater101

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2015, 06:42:23 PM »
Craig, thanks for the repost of your review. I never saw your original review of it but I find that review helpful.  I never tried the place and it's so hyped it made me wonder how bad is it after I read your 5 cents on it.

Offline gfgman

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2015, 11:50:48 AM »
I'd be willing to try one for 5 cents. 
Across the street from Lombardi's is Rice To Riches, which for my money is a must everytime we get to NYC.  I've been there at various times of the day and have never seen a line for Lombardi's. 
Pomodoro is just down the street.  I'd probably take that over Lombardi's.  They always seem to be hopping.  The pies look good, and the prices are decent.  However, I can't give it a hearty recommendation.  I've had some great slices there, and also some not so great.  The online reviews are all over the place, ranging from best pizza ever to overly greasy mess.