I made this recipe with a 6 qt. KA and the new spiral hook. I got some very nice results.
The only modification to the formula was to add 1 tsp. instant non-fat powdered milk, for a bit more browning and tenderness. The browning was more pronouced when I tried a 6 hr. refrigerated rest. The crust was also crispier while still maintaining it's "foldability factor", flavor was heighened dramtically. This was by far, our favorite, but I like the convience of the 2hr. version.
I'm using La Romanella HG and I don't have any specs. on this flour. With this formula it produced a crust with a light and pleasant chewiness.
I'm thinking about increasing the salt for the 2 hour rise method, to compensate for the lack of flavor.
Becasue I'm using a 6 qt. bowl, I had to use the padle attachment for the initial forming. It took under a minute and it was a bit of a tacky mess to remove from the paddle, not too bad though. * From here on out I will be making double batches only. I'm looking forward to making the left-over dough as crusty individual dinner-loaves served with pasta.*
I turned the dough in on itself 2 or 3 times to form into a uniform ball for autolysis step.
Covered with plastic wrap for the 30 minutes specified. In one experiement I got away with a 20 minute autolyse and didn't notice any difference from the 30 minutes.
After the autolysis, and pouring in the last of the dry ingredients, I was able to use the hook. It was able to grab the dough and knead as it should.
I have been kneading the dough on speed 3 for about 2 minutes. I didn't use olive oil, but instead gave the bowl and dough ball a light spritz with PAM. I'm trying to reduce the amount of oil absorbed by the dough and it's a bit quicker.
I tried a 2 hour rise at room temperature and also in a slightly warmed oven. Both methods had nearly identical results. Both doughs were saturated with tiny bubbleswith similar amount of spread/rise. I gently deflated them by carefully turning them in on itself once to form into puffy uniform ball(s) - so not tight and dense.
I combined methods to form the skins.
On a moderatedly floured suface, I turned the dough for a light coating, I depressed them with fingers tips to distribute the bubbles, turning dough to do it's backside, then back to the smoother surface to get a nice round thick disc. I proceeded to a small hand-type roller. I like using the hand-roller for it is ablity to displace the larger bubbles to the outer edge while allowing me to get the center evenly rolled thin without disturbing the lip. It also can be used with lighter pressure than those that requires both hands, "therefore bubble-friendly". I finished with some streching to get the final desired size. Oh yeah.. I did have a small tear once and it mended very easily by pinching the opening together, and I was able to continue to strech the dough without the tear re-opening.
Since this is a wetter dough, the formed pizzas were a bit more challenging to slide from the peel. I used a long bladed spatual to assist it into the oven without any mishaps. It wasn't stuck it was just a bit resistant to sliding in with a simple jerk of the peel. The peel was dusted with both semolina and flour.
My oven only goes to 500F, or so it says. The pizzas took about 7 minutes on a stone preheated for 1 hour. I allowed about 10 to 15 minutes between baking pizzas to allow the stone to reheat.