Author Topic: Greetings from Bergen, Norway.  (Read 298 times)

Offline cgullaksen

• I Love Pizza!
Greetings from Bergen, Norway.
« on: October 04, 2013, 08:51:41 AM »
Hi there, I have used this great forum for a couple of years and have never before contributed in the forum for new members.

My family and I love pizza and we make it on a weekly basis. I`m especially fan of the Neapolitan pizza style. I have settled for TXCraigs "recipe" and make use of his spread sheet. I have a portable WFO, and sometimes find it a challenge hitting the right stone temperature. In some cases the bottom can get a bit burnt. Otherwise I have learned a lot from reading your superb forum.

Thanks.

Christian

Offline tinroofrusted

• Supporting Member
  • Experimenting....
Re: Greetings from Bergen, Norway.
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2013, 09:20:06 AM »
Welcome, Christian! 

Offline nachtwacht

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, 01:43:19 PM »
Welcome and greetings from Bergen Netherlands

Offline cgullaksen

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2013, 02:48:10 PM »
Welcome and greetings from Bergen Netherlands

Good to hear there it's more of us up in the north. I sure envy those with a warm climate.
I am not looking forward cooking outdoors in winter time.

Offline nachtwacht

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2013, 05:48:50 PM »
I have seen pictures of very well insulated wood fired ovens with snow on them while burning so it should not hold you back :)

We have it a little warmer than where you come from but cooking at temperatures lower than 15 celsius is not what I desire most also. We are further south both oktober through to april will have us 15 or lower. Thinking about it, I should move to Bergen France :)

Offline pizzaboyfan

• Supporting Member
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2013, 07:25:57 PM »
I spent a week in Bergen back in my early  20's on a European backpack adventure, and this post brought back a ton of memories.
Buying shrimp off the dock, and eating those great sausages from the vendors, a visit to the baths to steam away a summer of grit....and that sweet Norwegian girl that welcomed  me.
I came for the fjords, and stayed a while.
That same trip produced my elusive  pizza quest...that perfect pie, from a restaurant in Florence, that I still have yet to capture.

Perry