Author Topic: Pizza Rock Las Vegas  (Read 1940 times)

Online caymus

Pizza Rock Las Vegas
« on: November 15, 2013, 04:40:26 PM »
During my recent trip to Las Vegas I stumbled upon the Pizza Rock Restaurant across the street from the Mob Museum.  I did not know at the time that it is a Tony Gemignani Restaurant. 

I had the Margherita which was made in front of me in a Stefano Ferrara Oven.  I think it took about 60 seconds to bake (but my timing may have been effected by a few large high alcohol IPA's).  I was able to take a few pictures.

Thanks

Offline tommy

• Supporting Member
  • Always learning, and struggling. And eating.
    • tommy:eats
Re: Pizza Rock Las Vegas
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2014, 01:40:51 PM »
Is this place worth a stop for the Neapolitan-style specifically?

I'm from Northern NJ, and have no shortage of places making very good Neapolitan-style pizza. But if the place is notable, I'd like to stop in. If it's just OK, then I'll save room for In-and-Out or something fun.

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2014, 11:35:10 PM »
appears to be Gas assist Stefano Caymus ? did you notice ? pie does not look that bad I would hit it !
John
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Online caymus

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, 05:38:24 PM »
appears to be Gas assist Stefano Caymus ? did you notice ? pie does not look that bad I would hit it !
John

I didn't really notice, but I think the oven went to "low fire" between bakes. I thought that they may have sparged air to increase the fire before the bake, but it may have been gas assisted.

They have three other ovens (gas/electric at different temps) that they use for the other pizzas.

Online caymus

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2014, 05:58:56 PM »
Is this place worth a stop for the Neapolitan-style specifically?

I'm from Northern NJ, and have no shortage of places making very good Neapolitan-style pizza. But if the place is notable, I'd like to stop in. If it's just OK, then I'll save room for In-and-Out or something fun.

It is not Neapolitan only, but it is a fun place with a good beer selection. The have 4 ovens and make multiple types.  I hear that Settebello is the best for Neo, but that is more difficult to get to.  I never rent a car in Vegas since I spend much time testing my liver and only travel by taxis and busses. 

In-N-Out is also on my list to visit.  Las Vegas has too many food options to pick from.

pizzapan