Author Topic: Trying this one last time - Where can I find that delicious cheese used in NY?  (Read 13408 times)

Offline Hobbs

I've cheated on Miss Grande so many times....only to come back to her loving embrace.

Offline Zing

Yet another wholesale distributor, based in Nassau County, NY:

C & F Foods Company, Inc.
30 Gordon Drive
Syosset, NY 11791

Their trucks advertise their "Papa Moozzi" mozzarella cheese. Probably wholesale only.

Offline chasenpse

• Supporting Member
    • Battle Hill Media
Sorry, I don't have the experience to be able to tell one what the better brands are. However, I would like to try the Krohn and Galbani loaf cheese. Krohn has been discussed on this forum in other threads. Galbani foodservice was marketed as a premium cheese by Lactalis, before they put the Galbani name on all the Sorrento products in the supermarket. This video sparked my interest back in 2012:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzd4q1kTJwE
For all I know it is rebadged Sorrento Buffalo (NY), but if you watch the other old "Galbani Tales" videos on the Lactalis Culinary channel you get the impression this is a premium line of cheeses.

Man this video brought back a lot of memories. A lot of drunken stupers ended up with a slice of cold cheese pizza :-D Great idea in the moment, not so fun the day after.
If Tetris has taught me anything, itís that errors pile up and accomplishments disappear.