Author Topic: gf and non-gf pizza freak from PDX....  (Read 172 times)

Offline croskelley

• I Love Pizza!
gf and non-gf pizza freak from PDX....
« on: October 07, 2013, 03:41:57 PM »
Hello everyone!

Once upon a time I was obsessed with perfecting the home pizza crust.  I think I got to a great place, but unfortunately, my wife ended up diagnosed celiac and I haven't had a chance to touch wheat flour since.

In the meantime, after a year or two of sulking, I picked up GF pizza crust baking.  Still working through it and rarely produce the same results twice, but my family and friends rave over my results :)

I'm heading off to the beach for a "guys getaway" this weekend and am thrilled at the opportunity to get back to wheat crusts for pizza night.  I always wanted to attempt a roman style crust after falling in love with roman pies on a trip to Italy a few years back, so that's the direction i'm looking in.

Thanks for letting me join!

Chad

Online tinroofrusted

• Supporting Member
  • Experimenting....
Re: gf and non-gf pizza freak from PDX....
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 03:49:45 PM »
Hey Chad, have you tried your wife on sourdough pizza crust?  I read somewhere that sourdough is tolerable to some people with celiac condition.  I'm not a doctor and I don't even play one on TV so don't go feeding your wife sourdough wheat pizza on my say-so, but I'm just interested to know if you've heard about that as an option.  Here's one link to an article about it. 

http://www.celiac.com/articles/23145/1/Is-Sourdough-the-Future-of-Gluten-free-Bread/Page1.html

Regards,

TinRoof

Offline croskelley

• I Love Pizza!
Re: gf and non-gf pizza freak from PDX....
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2013, 06:26:40 PM »
TinRoof....thank you so much! 

Only recently has my wife become a little more lenient in her GF adventures (eg. eating from places with potential cross contamination).

I'll have to give this a shot and see if she'd be up for it!