Author Topic: Tom Lehmann's NY Style Pizza  (Read 541955 times)

Offline pfhlad0

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Tom Lehmann's NY Style Pizza
« Reply #1125 on: March 29, 2015, 09:55:55 PM »
Thanks for the reply, Peter.

I finally got around to cooking the pizzas and I have to say that it was by far the best we've ever made. I used the recipe in my previous post (KABF, VWG, 63% hydration) and the Prima Gusto whole milk mozzarella cheese from GFS. I'm sure both contributed to the success of the pizza. Previous bakes produced cheese that was too brown and crust bottoms that had no leoparding. This time I had beautifully melted cheese with a chewy crust and brown bottom. If every attempt turned out this well, I'd be a happy camper.

That all being said, I do have a question for you. I made the dough with the intent if a 2-day cold ferment. Unfortunately, I didn't get to bake it until the 3rd day. What changes occurred between the 2nd and 3rd day? I ask because when I make it the next time, I don't know if I should repeat my successful outcome and ferment for 3 days, or go back to the original recipe of 2 days. Not sure it had anything to do with the ferment time, but my only "complaint" would have been that the outer crust/rim didn't puff up as much as I would have liked. Is it possible that the yeast activated too much in the fridge and there wasn't much left when it came time to bake? If not, any tips in getting a puffier rim?

Again, if I changed nothing I'd be happy to serve this pizza to all of my guests. Being the perfectionist thst I am, however, I'd love to tweak it just a bit more to get the rim perfect.

Offline pfhlad0

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #1126 on: March 29, 2015, 10:00:58 PM »
I should mention that the first picture shows a nice, holey, puffy rim. Not all of the rims were that nice. Also, I used .25% IDY in case you need that to answer my question about 2-day vs 3-day ferment.

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #1127 on: March 30, 2015, 09:56:01 AM »
That all being said, I do have a question for you. I made the dough with the intent if a 2-day cold ferment. Unfortunately, I didn't get to bake it until the 3rd day. What changes occurred between the 2nd and 3rd day? I ask because when I make it the next time, I don't know if I should repeat my successful outcome and ferment for 3 days, or go back to the original recipe of 2 days. Not sure it had anything to do with the ferment time, but my only "complaint" would have been that the outer crust/rim didn't puff up as much as I would have liked. Is it possible that the yeast activated too much in the fridge and there wasn't much left when it came time to bake? If not, any tips in getting a puffier rim?
pfhlad0,

To answer your question about the two days versus three days of cold fermentation, the dough at three days had more fermentation and, therefore, more byproducts of fermentation that contributed to the final crust flavor, taste, color, aroma and texture. As you go out further on the fermentation curve, and assuming that the dough doesn't expire, you should get even more byproducts of fermentation and an even better finished crust. Most people tend to stay on the two or three days of cold fermentation for the Lehmann NY style, but I have pushed the envelope out to over twenty days of cold fermentation using a dough formulation such as you used. For example, see Reply 23 at http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=3985.msg35370#msg35370. In that case, I also used 0.25% IDY and no sugar, and the dough was used after about 10+ days. The hydration was higher than you used since I had sifted the flour and I used KASL, but your value would have been close to 65% with the KABF had you increased the water content because of the use of the VWG. But here is the summary of the results described in Reply 23:

The finished pizza exhibited reasonable oven spring and the crust had a few large bubbles and a profusion of very small bubbles at the rim. I had not expected the large bubbles inasmuch as the dough had not risen much during its entire time of fermentation. The texture of the crumb was soft and chewy and bore a resemblance to crusts that I have made before using natural preferments. The crust had normal coloration and, as with my more recent efforts, was noticeably sweet. This continues to amaze me since I added no sugar to the dough. After 10 days, I would have expected almost no crust coloration and low, almost undetectable residual sugar levels (on the palate). These characteristics, along with the normal byproducts of fermentation, helped contribute to a finished crust that I found to be very flavorful.

I cite the above example to demonstrate how difficult it can be to design specific attributes into your pizzas. The pizza I described above seemed to defy all of the rules. But if I were to make a suggestion to you about getting a larger rim, rather than trying to adjust the baker's percents I would suggest using a bit more dough and pushing it out toward the rim to enlarge it when you open up the dough ball to form a skin. If you also keep the sauce, cheese(s) away from the rim area a reasonable distance, that might also promote a larger rim. Actually, the rims of classic NY style pizzas do not have large rims. When I volunteered to start this thread many years ago, I did not know that. It took a few trips to NYC for me to learn that, although some members did point out to me before then that some of my rims were too large. But to be honest, I personally like a somewhat larger rim, as do other members on the forum for the NY style.

In your case, to be on the safe side you might also add a bit of sugar to your dough if you want to go out beyond two days of cold fermentation. I would try 1-2%, just as Tom Lehmann usually advises. You might also increase the hydration about a percent or two, as I previously discussed, if you continue to use the VWG with the KABF. Unless it is on the cool side where you live, I would stick with the 0.25% IDY.

You should just continue to play around with the recipe and get more experience and practice using it but keeping changes minimal so that you can see the effects of the changes. Eventually, you you find the sweet spot.

Peter

Offline pfhlad0

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #1128 on: March 30, 2015, 10:42:41 AM »
Thanks, Peter. I know that I can do a better job to manually creating a rim when I stretch the dough -- I typically find myself using my fingers all the way to the end of the rim. I will also try using less sauce on the outer edge. I think both of those will help. BTW, I did add 1% sugar to my dough knowing that I was going to cold ferment for 2 days.

Reading back through my posts, I noticed something odd in post #1120. You gave your formulation based on my ingredients, and then you calculated "my" formulation based on the same ingredients.  Your formulation shows a 63% hydration even with the VWG (although you did reduce the amount of KABF to account for the VWG). Is this correct? Or, was that the "base" recipe and then you would add 1-2% additional water to account for the VWG?

I know this isn't an exact science and that you have to do a lot by "look and feel", but being a newbie to pizza making it really helps to have some concrete numbers to go by.

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #1129 on: March 30, 2015, 12:32:24 PM »
Reading back through my posts, I noticed something odd in post #1120. You gave your formulation based on my ingredients, and then you calculated "my" formulation based on the same ingredients.  Your formulation shows a 63% hydration even with the VWG (although you did reduce the amount of KABF to account for the VWG). Is this correct? Or, was that the "base" recipe and then you would add 1-2% additional water to account for the VWG?
pfhlad0.

Whenever I want to use a blend of flours to simulate a higher protein flour from the standpoint of protein content and absorption value, I use the rated absorption value of the flour I am trying to simulate and I use the Mixed Mass Percentage Calculator at http://foodsim.unclesalmon.com/ to tell me how to apportion the base flour and the VWG in the blend. For example, if I want to simulate the KASL flour, which has a protein value of 14.2%, I know that the rated absorption value of that flour is 63%. So I use 63% as the hydration value in my modified recipe. To know how much KABF and VWG to use in the modified recipe, I rely on the Mixed Mass Percentage Calculator. Remember, however, that the sum of the KABF and VWG have to equal the amount of the KASL in the original recipe.

Another thing I do is to adjust the formula hydration when I add oil to an existing recipe. I do this because oil also has a wetting effect on the flour even though it does so through a different mechanism than water. So, for example, if I added some oil to a recipe that didn't previously use any oil, I adjust the formula hydration of the original recipe so that the sum of the hydration and oil in the modified recipe is the same as the original recipe. So, for example, if I used 63% hydration in the original recipe and I want to now add 2% oil, I would use 61% hydration in the modified recipe (so that 61% + 2% = 63%).

Peter

Offline pfhlad0

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #1130 on: March 30, 2015, 12:43:24 PM »
I understand what you're saying, Peter, but I'm still unclear as to why your recipe used 63% water and the recipe you calculated based on my original measurements used 64.5% water. They both used the same ingredients.

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #1131 on: March 30, 2015, 01:07:47 PM »
I understand what you're saying, Peter, but I'm still unclear as to why your recipe used 63% water and the recipe you calculated based on my original measurements used 64.5% water. They both used the same ingredients.
pfhlad0,

Now I see your confusion.

The reason is that in the way I did it for the first formulation I showed in Reply 1120 at http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=576.msg372531#msg372531, the combined weight of the KABF and the VWG is 906 grams. In the way you did it, which is reflected in the second formulation I posted, the combined weight of the KABF and VWG is 906 + 22.65 = 938.85 grams. Your blend needs more water than mine because your blend weighs more than mine. 

Peter

Offline pfhlad0

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #1132 on: March 30, 2015, 01:50:42 PM »
Oh, now I get it.  :)

So based on everything you've taught me, if I wanted to adjust my numbers from a 5-ball batch to an 8-ball batch, I would go from this:

King Arthur Bread Flour: 884.15g
Hodgson Mill VWG (2.5%): 21.85g
Water (63%): 570.78g
IDY (0.25%): 2.27g
Salt (1.75%): 15.86g
Olive Oil (1%): 9.06g
Sugar (1%): 9.06g
Total (166%): 1513.03g
Single Ball: 302.61g

to this:

King Arthur Bread Flour: 1414.64g
Hodgson Mill VWG (2.5%): 34.96g
Water (63%): 913.25g
IDY (0.25%): 3.62g
Salt (1.75%): 25.37g
Olive Oil (1%): 14.5g
Sugar (1%): 14.5g
Total (166%): 2420.85g

I know I could calculate any size recipe, but if I have these two recipe sizes, I can double, triple, combine, etc. to get the measurements I need.

If I really wanted to be a "pizza psycho" as my daughter calls me, I could calculate it per-ball and make the exact number of balls I need for each dinner party I'm having. My best guess would be:

King Arthur Bread Flour: 176.83g
Hodgson Mill VWG (2.5%): 4.37g
Water (63%): 114.16g
IDY (0.25%): 0.45g
Salt (1.75%): 3.17g
Olive Oil (1%): 1.81g
Sugar (1%): 1.81g
Total (166%): 302.61g

I think I'm starting to scare myself.  :P

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #1133 on: March 30, 2015, 02:08:51 PM »
pfhlad0,

Now you've got it ;D.

However, one potential negative is that if someone tries to use your numbers in the expanded dough calculating tool, for example, for a single dough ball, this is what they will get:

Flour (100%):
Water (63%):
IDY (0.25%):
Salt (1.75%):
Olive Oil (1%):
Sugar (1%):
Vital Wheat Gluten (2.5%):
Total (169.5%):
178.53 g  |  6.3 oz | 0.39 lbs
112.47 g  |  3.97 oz | 0.25 lbs
0.45 g | 0.02 oz | 0 lbs | 0.15 tsp | 0.05 tbsp
3.12 g | 0.11 oz | 0.01 lbs | 0.56 tsp | 0.19 tbsp
1.79 g | 0.06 oz | 0 lbs | 0.4 tsp | 0.13 tbsp
1.79 g | 0.06 oz | 0 lbs | 0.45 tsp | 0.15 tbsp
4.46 g | 0.16 oz | 0.01 lbs | 1.61 tsp | 0.54 tbsp
302.61 g | 10.67 oz | 0.67 lbs | TF = N/A

The reason for the difference is that all of the ingredients in the formulation are calculated by the expanded dough calculating tool with respect to the flour only, not the flour and the VWG. As discussed, the solution is to treat blends like I discussed using both the Mixed Mass Percentage Calculator and the expanded dough calculating tool.

Peter

Offline pfhlad0

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #1134 on: March 30, 2015, 07:35:16 PM »
Understood. That's why I took the "(100%)" off of the flour line. I guess as long as my numbers are correct I won't stress about it anymore.

I can't tell you how much I appreciate all of your help. Your thorough and speedy responses were invaluable to me.

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #1135 on: March 30, 2015, 07:51:49 PM »
I can't tell you how much I appreciate all of your help. Your thorough and speedy responses were invaluable to me.
pfhlad0,

Glad to help. I wish you continued success.

The Lehmann recipe is a good one to cut your teeth on and once you have mastered it, the experience will be helpful to either improve it or move on to another style. There may be a few bumps in the road but that is quite normal and part of the learning experience. And don't be in too much of a hurry to try all kinds of fancy stuff. Master the basics first and then add new things gradually as your knowledge base grows and you understand what you are doing.

Peter

Offline Trickydick

• I Love Pizza!
Tom Lehmann's NY Style Pizza
« Reply #1136 on: April 01, 2015, 12:33:36 AM »
Been having good results with the Lehman recipe in my WFO, baking between 625-725.  Need to be careful at the higher temps to keep from scorching.  Been using all trumps flour. 

Lately, I've been wanting a lighter and crispier crust texture, than has been difficult to obtain with the Lehman recipe.  Have thought about going with less hydration, but have been afraid it would detract room the workability of the dough.  The dough has been very forgiving, but seeking a crispier result without a sacrifice in the ability to form the "skins".

Any suggestions??

Oops,  forgot to post my %:  water 61-64% depending on humidity outside,  typically 63.  Oil, salt, sugar all at 1%.  IDY at .5% (yeast is getting old now two years old).

TD
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 12:37:36 AM by Trickydick »

Offline jsaras

• Supporting Member
« Reply #1137 on: April 01, 2015, 09:05:55 AM »
I'd eliminate the oil and sugar.  That should work better at higher temperatures.
Things have never been more like today than they are right now.

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #1138 on: April 01, 2015, 10:14:23 AM »
Been having good results with the Lehman recipe in my WFO, baking between 625-725.  Need to be careful at the higher temps to keep from scorching.  Been using all trumps flour. 

Lately, I've been wanting a lighter and crispier crust texture, than has been difficult to obtain with the Lehman recipe.  Have thought about going with less hydration, but have been afraid it would detract room the workability of the dough.  The dough has been very forgiving, but seeking a crispier result without a sacrifice in the ability to form the "skins".

Any suggestions??

Oops,  forgot to post my %:  water 61-64% depending on humidity outside,  typically 63.  Oil, salt, sugar all at 1%.  IDY at .5% (yeast is getting old now two years old).

TD
TD,

You did not mention your bake time but if it was short I think it is going to be difficult to get a crispy crust with a bake temperature of around 625-725 degrees F and a typical hydration of 63%. And while eliminating the oil and sugar, both of which are on the low side to begin with, may help a bit, I do not think that their omission will go far enough to fix your problem. In a commercial setting, a typical NY style pizza can be baked for up to ten minutes or so at an oven temperature of under 500 degrees F. And most commercial NY style doughs have a hydration of around 58-60%. It is the long, slow bake that is conducive to developing a crispy crust. Fast, short bakes at high oven temperatures lead to a softer crust and reduced crispiness because there is increased water retention in the dough.

You might get some additional insights from this thread, especially the parts that discuss oil, sugar and bake temperatures and times: http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=7951.msg68332#msg68332

Peter

Offline Trickydick

• I Love Pizza!
Tom Lehmann's NY Style Pizza
« Reply #1139 on: April 01, 2015, 12:30:48 PM »
Thanks Peter!  I'll check into that thread.  Seems like I need a lower oven temp for starters and a longer bake time for starters.  Otherwise I should look into doing some hybrid style.  Last two places I had commercial NYC style pizza, I started to recognize the differences between theirs and mine.  One was a local place that's O.K.  The other was Tony's in S.F.  Didn't realize it was closed Tuesday's, and only the ? Electric ? ovens were running on Tuesday, but still,  great pizza.  I don't think I have time to venture back there this trip unfortunately.
Oh yeah, my bake time is usually less than 3 minutes, though I do not recall timing it, just going by the look of the pizza and crust from above and below.  Probably about 2:00-2:15 on average for a 14" pie
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 12:07:00 PM by Trickydick »

Offline pfhlad0

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #1140 on: April 13, 2015, 07:56:36 AM »
Morning, Peter (and everyone). We made pizza again this weekend and have another question as a result.

I used my KABF/VWG 63% hydration recipe following TL's workflow. Did a 3-day cold ferment. The taste, color and texture of the cooked crust was great, no complaints there. My issue is that the dough balls were a bit hard to stretch, even after sitting at room temp for 2 hours. I started out pressing out the ball into a flat circle, but the only way I could really get it to stretch is if I picked it up and let gravity stretch it as I turned it with my hands. I haven't figured out how to do the "slap" technique, so this is the only way I know how to stretch out the dough.

Is this typical of this kind of dough or am I doing something wrong here? I know stretching the dough is something that takes time to learn, but I wanted to make sure that it wasn't something else (too much/not enough mixing, too much/not enough water, etc.).

My previous recipe used 00 flour and 60% hydration and was so easy to open, it nearly stretched itself. Almost too much so; sometimes it was too thin and resulted in holes. Maybe I'm expecting this new recipe to be the same.

Thanks again.

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #1141 on: April 13, 2015, 02:13:37 PM »
Morning, Peter (and everyone). We made pizza again this weekend and have another question as a result.

I used my KABF/VWG 63% hydration recipe following TL's workflow. Did a 3-day cold ferment. The taste, color and texture of the cooked crust was great, no complaints there. My issue is that the dough balls were a bit hard to stretch, even after sitting at room temp for 2 hours. I started out pressing out the ball into a flat circle, but the only way I could really get it to stretch is if I picked it up and let gravity stretch it as I turned it with my hands. I haven't figured out how to do the "slap" technique, so this is the only way I know how to stretch out the dough.

Is this typical of this kind of dough or am I doing something wrong here? I know stretching the dough is something that takes time to learn, but I wanted to make sure that it wasn't something else (too much/not enough mixing, too much/not enough water, etc.).

My previous recipe used 00 flour and 60% hydration and was so easy to open, it nearly stretched itself. Almost too much so; sometimes it was too thin and resulted in holes. Maybe I'm expecting this new recipe to be the same.

Thanks again.
pfhlad0,

I think your hydration value is fine but you want to be sure that you do not overknead the dough. Ideally, you want to slightly underknead the dough and let the gluten development take place biochemically while in the refrigerator. This is contrary to the way that bread dough is often made where the dough is kneaded to full gluten development. You can also use autolyse or similar rest periods, during the bulk stage or after the dough balls have been formed and before refrigerating, to help improve the extensibility of the dough.

You also want to be sure that you do not re-knead or otherwise re-form the dough balls after you remove them from the refrigerator since that will only tighten the dough balls and make them overly elastic and hard to work with and form into skins (I suspect that you already know this). But even under the best of conditions, if you are using a standard home mixer to mix and knead the dough, you are unlikely to achieve dough that is as robust as dough made in a commercial setting using a commercial mixer (typically a Hobart planetary mixer). People will often watch Tony Gemignani handle dough in a video and observe how he opens dough balls into skins so easily and with an even thickness and wonder why their dough balls made at home aren't as good. A good part of the answer is that a home stand mixer is no match for a commercial mixer.

In your case, I suspect that with more experience and practice you will get better at opening up dough balls into skins. To help you with this, I am bringing the following videos to your attention, several of which feature Tom Lehmann and his former assistant at the AIB, Jeff Zeak, and one featuring Tony Gemignani, and the last one featuring a worker at a Papa John's showing the hand-to-hand skin slapping method (again, with a commercially produced dough):

Peter

Offline Trickydick

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #1142 on: April 13, 2015, 04:07:30 PM »
Enjoyed watching these videos,  well the last one not as much as the first few. 
Read the thread about crispy bottom pizza, and I think I'll try to do a lower hydration and longer temp bake at a lower oven temp.
I think what I've been cooking is a hybrid style someplace between a Neapolitan and NY style in my WFO.  Been wanting to to go all Neo style but I think that the type I do now is easier on my timetable for the preparation and preheating.  I had a few really nice NYC style pies lately (commercially baked) and thought it would be fun to try something like that, maybe with a thick cornice and a ridiculous diameter too.  I think that I have probably NOT been mixing my dough long enough after watching the video.  I'll be doing the egg pinch and pull test from now on!
TD

Offline pfhlad0

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #1143 on: April 13, 2015, 10:51:55 PM »
Thanks for the videos, Peter. I can't believe the kid in the last one. He was great!

Anyway, I don't think I overmixed because I did the egg test and probably could have mixed longer. I didn't becsuse I remember your advice about not over mixing. FWIW, I have a Bosch Universal mixer; I mixed 2 minutes on low, added oil and mixed 1 more minute on low, then mixed 10 minutes on second speed. Like I said, I did the egg test after that and still saw some tearing, but stopped anyway.

I guess I'll just praftice my stretching techniques and hope it gets better.

Wonder how long before I can spin like the young guy.  ;)

Offline pfhlad0

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #1144 on: April 15, 2015, 09:44:41 AM »
Just out of curiosity, any thoughts on what would happen if I used the same recipe/quantities/workflow but substituted Caputo 00 flour for the KABF? From what I've read, the protein content of the 00 flour is 12.5, nearly the same as the KABF. I'm guessing I'd have to reduce the hydration a tad since the KABF has a higher absorption capability.

Just wondering if it would make for a more pliable dough ball and a lighter/thinner crust.

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #1145 on: April 15, 2015, 03:42:41 PM »
Just out of curiosity, any thoughts on what would happen if I used the same recipe/quantities/workflow but substituted Caputo 00 flour for the KABF? From what I've read, the protein content of the 00 flour is 12.5, nearly the same as the KABF. I'm guessing I'd have to reduce the hydration a tad since the KABF has a higher absorption capability.

Just wondering if it would make for a more pliable dough ball and a lighter/thinner crust.
pfhlad0,

I will try to answer your questions as best I can but I will point out at the outset that one would not use the Caputo 00 Pizzeria flour for the NY style. There are several reasons for this. First, the Caputo 00 Pizzeria flour is an unmalted flour and has less damaged starch than our domestic white flours, including the KABF. What this means is that there is less damaged starch for the natural amylase enzymes in the flour to convert to natural sugars to feed the yeast and for final crust coloration purposes. That is why pizzas made with 00 flour are baked at extremely high oven temperatures of around 900 degrees F and above. So, to adapt the Caputo 00 Pizzeria flour to work at lower oven temperatures, you would have to either (1) add diastatic malt, (2) increase the amount of damaged starch, or (3) blend the flour with a high-gluten flour. Of these three options, the only one I have observed in practice is the third option, which is the one that Dom DeMarco uses at DiFara's to make his brand of NY style pizza. When I researched his dough, he blended 00 flour with a high-gluten flour in a 75/25 ratio.

It is true that the protein content of the Caputo Pizzeria flour, at around 12.5% (see http://caputoflour.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/00-Pizzeria-SPECS.pdf), is very similar to the 12.7% protein of the KABF. But because two flours have the same protein content does not mean that doughs made from the two flours will perform the same. Both the amount of gluten formed from the two flours and the quality of the gluten so formed can be different. Also, in the case of the Caputo 00 Pizzeria flour, it is milled to a smaller particle size than the KABF and has a rated absorption value of 55-57%, which compares with the 62% rated absorption value of the KABF. Some members are able to use a higher hydration value with the Caputo flour, but once you get above, say, 60%, the dough can be difficult for most people to handle. However, this problem can be mitigated by using a series of stretch and folds.

I suppose that I could design a dough formulation on paper that tries to mimic the NY style dough for the recipe you are using, but it would be a kluge with diastatic malt (only as much as the dough can take given its reduced damaged starch levels) and one or two sweeteners, preferably including one that has natural sugars in free form (like the monosaccharides glucose and fructose) to be immediately available to feed the yeast and eventually contribute to residual sugar levels for crust coloration purposes through the Maillard reactions. The other sweetener would most likely be sucrose, or ordinary table sugar, which would eventually be cleaved into glucose and fructose.

In my opinion, it would be far easier to just combine the Caputo 00 Pizzeria flour with a higher protein, higher-gluten flour. Even then, the temperatures of a standard home oven might not be quite enough, as we have learned from the high oven temperatures that Dom DeMarco is alleged to be using.

Peter

Offline pfhlad0

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #1146 on: April 15, 2015, 08:54:29 PM »
Thanks for the informative reply. My one complaint with my 00 flour recipe was that the crust didn't brown well enough. Now I know why. I think I'm going to stick with my current recipe. It really did turn out great, so I should stick with it.

Thanks again.