Author Topic: Tom Lehmann's NY Style Pizza  (Read 500642 times)

Offline Zaroh

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Tom Lehmann's NY Style Pizza
« Reply #1100 on: November 15, 2014, 09:43:34 AM »
Alright sorry for a late update, had quite a busy week.

The dough I'd made right after I posted I messed up, so I ended up throwing it out. I'll still consider that attempt #2 though. I did attempt #3  yesterday/today (dough made yesterday morning, cooked pizza this morning) and I think there's signs of improvement for sure.

Dough was a lot more extensible and thinner which is what I was going for, rather than (as you can see in previous picture) much smaller, thicker and more bubbles. I didn't manage to get a perfect circle, and I can't toss the dough up in the air or anything but I was just really happy I got the dough as large in diameter as I did.

I only used cheese, no pepperoni since I feel as though my pepperoni last time didn't taste so great, looking for a good place around here to buy some good pepperoni. As for critique on the actual taste of the pizza, my sauce was a little too strong but I was following a basic recipe since I only had/have access to tomato paste. I've been looking around for 6 in 1 or San Marzano tomatoes but the closest I can find is Unico "San Marzano TYPE tomatoes", and I'm not even sure what the quality of those would be.

Aside from the sauce issue, cheese was surprisingly good but perhaps I put a tad too much on given how thin the pizza was. Overall I think with a bit more practice, making some better sauce and a few adjustments I think I'll be able to make some good pizza soon! I'll attach a picture, I took a few from different angles but none of them show too much how thin I was able to get it in comparison to my last REALLY thick pizza. If anyone has any advice, comments or anything I'll take any advice I can get!

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #1101 on: November 26, 2014, 07:40:42 PM »
I just noticed that this thread just passed the 500,000 page view mark. I guess people really like the NY style of pizza.

Peter

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #1102 on: November 26, 2014, 08:24:40 PM »
I just noticed that this thread just passed the 500,000 page view mark. I guess people really like the NY style of pizza.

Peter

Peter,

You did a fantastic job on your thread.  Congrats!

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #1103 on: November 26, 2014, 08:29:29 PM »
Peter,

You did a fantastic job on your thread.  Congrats!

Norma
Norma,

Thank you but I am still puzzled by its popularity among the members and guests, given that there is not a lot of activity on that thread. The age of the thread (2004) may also help explain the large page view count.

Peter

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #1104 on: November 26, 2014, 09:46:00 PM »
Norma,

Thank you but I am still puzzled by its popularity among the members and guests, given that there is not a lot of activity on that thread. The age of the thread (2004) may also help explain the large page view count.

Peter

Peter,

Maybe the age of your thread also explains the large page view count, but I think a lot of members first learned to make NY style pizzas from your thread.  There are probably guests too that never even posted one thing that can now make NY style pizzas.  You also link to this thread so that can give some more view counts.

You sure did a great job in explaining NY style pizzas in your thread.  I also learned how to make NY style pizzas from you and this thread.  Without you and Tom I would have been lost and probably wouldn't be making pizzas now.  :-D

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!