Author Topic: Garlic Pizza Bread - Yummy!  (Read 2474 times)

Offline Wazza McG

• Aussie Aussie Aussie .... Oi Oi Oi !!
Garlic Pizza Bread - Yummy!
« on: March 08, 2006, 03:51:39 AM »
I took the family out for dinner the other night to have a wood fired pizza - it's been a long time since we bought pizza's  ;D

We ordered a garlic bread and it came out in a 13" pizza tray, sliced up and looking like a thin Neapolitan pizza - the kids loved it.  It appeared that they used their standard pizza dough for this or a focaccia equivalent with toppings of garlic, fresh parsley, bacon and a very small amount of hard cheese - probably Parmesan, or a mix with mozzarella. 

I had a laugh when the kids said that the garlic pizza bread and the pizza had bubbles in it like the ones I make.  My eldest said she liked my pizza's better - truly, I nearly fell off the chair.

The guy at the oven was really busy so I never annoyed him too much.  I'm assuming , he used a light olive oil for the garlic pizza bread as the flavour of the oil/butter  was not that dominant.

Anyway, I was hoping someone at the forum may have a recipe on this simple entree, so I can follow it up by the main course of a real pizza made at home.

Regards,

Wazza McG
« Last Edit: March 08, 2006, 03:55:10 AM by Wazza McG »
Fair Dinkum - you want more Pizza!  Crikey ! I've run out out them prawny thingymebobs again!

Offline Saul

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Garlic Pizza Bread - Yummy!
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2006, 07:37:49 AM »

Hi,

Our recipe uses our usual pizza dough topped with some olive oil, garlic, mozzarella and a sprinkle of rosemary then some sea salt afterwards(v. important I think!). We usually make them the same size as the pizzas but I prefer to open them out a bit smaller as they tend to get too crispy for my liking...

Saul

Offline itsinthesauce

• This is a sickness.
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2006, 10:00:42 AM »
Do you remember what they charged for that? Must be a ton of profit in it.

Offline Wazza McG

• Aussie Aussie Aussie .... Oi Oi Oi !!
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2006, 08:24:56 AM »
The garlic pizza bread with a sprinkle bacon was $5.95 - most main pizza's cost $15 ~ $16, the seafood pizza was $18.95.  I hope that helps for comparison.  I would say it was profitable.

Wazzza McG   
Fair Dinkum - you want more Pizza!  Crikey ! I've run out out them prawny thingymebobs again!

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2006, 08:34:21 AM »
Wazza McG,

Maybe you have already seen this thread, http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=1681.msg15156#msg15156, but if not you will see how some pizza operators make their bread sticks, and garlic knots as well.

Peter

Offline itsinthesauce

• This is a sickness.
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2006, 08:47:00 AM »
Thanks! That surely is a profit maker.

pizzapan