Author Topic: by the slice bonanza  (Read 5069 times)

Online Aimless Ryan

• Snarky
Re: by the slice bonanza
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2013, 04:33:55 PM »
I just ate two slices of yesterday's cheese pizza leftovers from the Smiling with Hope Bakery, which Walter gave me at about noon today as we met for the first time outside Restaurant Depot in Columbus.

Dude, your pizza is awesome!

I've made a lot of really good NY style pizzas, but none of them compare to this one, even though it was reheated, day-old pizza. I'm not BSing, either. (I believe you said Paige made it, right?)

Also, it was so cool to finally be able to meet you. It felt kinda like meeting a long lost big brother.

Online Aimless Ryan

• Snarky
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2013, 09:19:50 PM »
Me and Walter shopping at RD.

Online waltertore

• Vendor
    • The Smiling With Hope Bakery
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2013, 09:48:09 PM »
Ryan: It was great meeting you as well.  It was inspiring to meet someone else who does things from the heart.  Thanks for the compliment on the pizza.  Our pies have generations of love flowing through them and I am glad it touched you.    Yes, Paige, my number 1 student made that one.  I hope you make it out to our site soon.  The kids would love you.  There is much healing inside  them and I am addicted to it. Our room is a constant flow of staff and adminstrators.  I don't think they even know why they come in but I do.  Our principal comes in at least 4 times a day to chat and laugh with us.   I am mixing some songs I as I type this that were inspired from our get together.  I have been suffering to near flu proportions from ragweed since late August.  I haven't been inspired to make any music but tonight it came back. They should be up on my site by tomorrow.  I am fading out and gonna stop for today.  Take care and see you soon.  Walter

Online waltertore

• Vendor
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2013, 10:33:49 AM »
I just ate two slices of yesterday's cheese pizza leftovers from the Smiling with Hope Bakery, which Walter gave me at about noon today as we met for the first time outside Restaurant Depot in Columbus.

Dude, your pizza is awesome!

I've made a lot of really good NY style pizzas, but none of them compare to this one, even though it was reheated, day-old pizza. I'm not BSing, either. (I believe you said Paige made it, right?)

Also, it was so cool to finally be able to meet you. It felt kinda like meeting a long lost big brother.

Ryan: I am  just re-reading your post and it really touched my heart.  Thanks so much.  The songs are up on my site.  Hope they touch you in a good way.  A lot of my music is dark but getting that out makes me feel great!  Walter

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=157137

Online Aimless Ryan

• Snarky
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2013, 11:48:49 AM »
I don't see anything newer than 10/13/13, nor do I see a way to sort by date. What am I doing wrong?

Being able to hang with you for a couple hours yesterday really helped me see the big picture more clearly than I have been able to in a while. Most notably it helped me stop being consumed by unhealthy thoughts about someone who probably doesn't deserve my unhealthy thoughts. It also made me feel the urge to get off this couch and start exercising again so I might eventually stand a chance at rewiring my nervous system and be able to go somewhere without this cane. (I haven't resumed my exercise routine yet, but I'm pretty sure I will start Monday because I now remember how it helped bring me back to life earlier this year.)

Online Aimless Ryan

• Snarky
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2013, 12:19:09 PM »
Also, this is strange: The [horrible] picture I attached above loaded right-side-up in my phone's browser, as pictured below (in a screen shot I'm betting will load upside down).

Online waltertore

• Vendor
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2013, 01:13:05 PM »
Ryan:  I am glad you got some inspiration too.  Life is a short trip and filled with challenges.  I will be sending lots of supportive vibes your way.  The music site is probably more confusing than I realize.  I post so many new songs that if you catch it a day or so late it will most likely be all new songs on the top of the list.  The music calls me. I sit  down, close my eyes, let my feet work the drums, hands on the guitar, mouth on the harmonica rack, and words flow.  I have no idea what will come out and how long the spirit will stay in me.  When it leaves I mix the songs and post them.  I have learned that my life is best when I let it unfold and try not to let my ego control things. 

I will share this here concerning my pizzas.  I do them (and pretty much my whole life) just like my music.  I let the spirits come through me and follow them blindly.  They guide me.  I feel old pizza makers in me when I make pies.  My student Paige has the old pizza spirits running through her.  She is not real fond of making bread and I realize she is not tapped into that side of dough and don't push her into making our breads unless she comes to it on her own.  I live in this alternative dimension and few take me serious when I talk this way and I no longer take any offense.  I know it is true and that is all that really matters to me.   I get messages as to what hydration, cheeses, sauce make  up, oven temp, etc.   It is not easy to explain but all I can say is the old spirits guide me with kindness and watch over me.   My music has really developed this sense to second nature and now is seamlessly carrying over to my pizzas, baking, and life in general.  The key to it is for me to walk blindly and know the right path is always there.  I  have always had this in my life but I often fought it. Now as I am getting older I am learning to follow it instead of cutting my own road.  I still do a ton of work.  They don't make it happen just guide me in  the right directions with inspiration and I do the work to make it happen.  :)

When I got my new classroom they gave me everything I wanted but pizza ovens.  I had a major battle with the guy in charge of buying equipment for our district and that really pissed me off.  Little did I know the old spirits were once again watching out for me.  Read on......  One of the reasons I got my program to fly was to have it built next to the cafeteria/main kitchen.  I pointed out if we failed the cafeteria could take it over.  The equipment I needed was completely opposite of the cafeteria and the pizza oven pushed them over the edge.  The cafeteria has no real cooks and serves precooked frozen/canned food.  Steamers, convections ovens are their cooking tools.   This guy claimed a pizza oven is too 1 dimensional to warrant buying one.  I explained it is just an oven and anything an oven cooks so can it but he would not budge and put 2 home ovens where I had planned the pizza ovens to go under the exhaust hood.  Once we moved in the room I wished on pizza ovens and in a few weeks the old blodgetts came up on craigslist.  They were my favorites to work with.  They fit perfectly under the hood(I never measured) and the ovens wich are electric, just barely make the 220v plugs once I moved them from under the hood .  They butt right up to the blodgetts.  It is all perfect fit and if  any of the convection, pizza, home ovens, was a couple inches wider it wouldn't fit.   It all worked out perfectly and if the district bought ovens they probably would have been peerless or some other cheap/crap underpowered brand.  They  never would have bought 1970's blodgetts.  When I got them (bought them and moved them in with my own money) the district would not pay to have them hooked up.  It all worked out perfect with a recovering addict friend who owns a plumbing company, hooking them up.  He refused any payment.  I did get him to agree to come in for pizza whenever he wants and comes in often for lunch when working in the area.  The blodgetts were used very gently and in amazing shape.  Most of the ones from that era have been beaten to hell and at best need complete refurbishing and most are rusted out beyond repair.  The stack of convection ovens the district supplied are a godsend.   They cook the thousands of healthy cookies/bagles we sell each week to our school customers.  The blodgetts do our pizzas, artisan breads, and bagels when I get someone who really knows bagels- bagel boards on the decks.   Anyway, I live in a different universe and hope I never leave it  :)   This list should help identify the songs from last night.  I had to turn my computer monitor upside down to check that picture :-D  See you.  Walter

this link is on my main page.  It streams the most current 200 songs:
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=157137&content=widgets

21st century man
A town called love
time of the seasons don't lie
when things get so dark
blindly we walk
sometimes when the wrold gets to me
how can people hate so much
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 02:52:34 PM by waltertore »

Offline communist

« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2013, 08:06:29 PM »
Sing it Walter!  Good blues - fun to listen to!

Online waltertore

• Vendor
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2013, 11:40:25 AM »
Sing it Walter!  Good blues - fun to listen to!

thanks!  Another "slice" of my life :)  Walter

pizzapan