Author Topic: A dedicated Blackstone Oven work station  (Read 817 times)

Offline Roman

• I Love Pizza!
A dedicated Blackstone Oven work station
« on: October 13, 2013, 05:11:42 PM »
I'll be planning a dedicated work station to accomodate all aspects of producing pizzas in one Blackstone Oven. I would like input on what considerations are important left and right of the Oven, storage beneath, ideal height to launch, placement of peals after launch, counter top material, etc. If you would design the area around the BS, what are the necessary details to optimize the BS workflow? Thank you

Online thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
Re: A dedicated Blackstone Oven work station
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 08:36:04 PM »
This sounds intresting looking forward to ideas.

Offline Roman

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 06:44:10 AM »
The space I'm considering is on an end of a screened in porch. The three far cells is the dedicated space to work with. The legs of the oven would be removed and a cabinet would be built to house the tank. The surface to hold the oven would project far enough to the front to eliminate risk of too much heat to the back and sides. From the right side to the small frig there is a volume of space to work storage and prep needs. The fire extinguisher would be prominently worked into the design. Anything I should consider or crazy idea?

Offline barryvabeach

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2013, 07:16:37 AM »
Roman,  how high is the ceiling?  The BS throws off a lot of heat.  I tried to use it on a covered porch with a pretty low vinyl ceiling, and while it did not melt or sag, it did get pretty warm, and since then I have only used it on an uncovered deck. In terms of work flow,  I would want storage of a timer and a ir gun, pans and screens ( I let the pie rest on the screen for a few minutes to keep the moisture away from the bottom of the pie)  and that could all go under the oven, since heat won't impact them.  I would put the pie assembly area to the right, and unloading area to the left. 

Offline Roman

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2013, 07:26:02 AM »
The lowest point to the left cell would be at an 8' 6" height then incline at an 15 degree to right that would be near the 10' height. Hoping this will be high enough to move the air. Your left to right configuration ideas are good. Thanks.

Offline deb415611

• Supporting Member
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2013, 07:31:28 AM »
I would put the pie assembly area to the right, and unloading area to the left.

I work the opposite way,  assembly on the left and unloading to the right

Offline Tampa

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2013, 12:57:47 PM »
I work the opposite way,  assembly on the left and unloading to the right
Deb, I think the reason for the workflow suggestion right to left was because the hot exhaust comes out the left side of the grill (burner on right, up the dome, down the left and out).  Whatever works.
Dave