Author Topic: The Newbie-est!  (Read 144 times)

Offline mdrsteve

• I Love Pizza!
The Newbie-est!
« on: October 17, 2013, 11:37:41 AM »
Hey, I'm new here..and so new to this, I've never actually made my own pizza at home...but I think it's about time I learned!! I'm a big fan of the NY style!   I'm also about to pull the trigger on a Kamado for slow BBQing, and wanted to look into how to best use one to make a good pizza.  Looking forward to exploring this place, and hopefully someday even learning enough to contribute some knowledge back in!

Offline tinroofrusted

• Supporting Member
  • Experimenting....
Re: The Newbie-est!
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 12:29:30 PM »
There are some good threads here about making pizzas on the BGE/kamado/ceramic cooker.  Seach all three terms and you will turn up some stuff.  I have one myself but I don't use it for pizza; I don't care for the smoky flavor that often comes from the charcoal. Also I prefer to cook pizza on something that doesn't lose 50% of its heat every time you want to check on the progress of your pizza. 

Have fun exploring the site. It's really a pretty amazing store of knowledge if you can locate what you are after.

Offline mdrsteve

• I Love Pizza!
Re: The Newbie-est!
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 12:53:35 PM »
Thanks for the info.  Yeah, I'm a little torn between buying a used Kamado, or going with a Blackstone pizza oven, and continuing to use my gas grill for BBQ for a while longer. Decisions, decisions! 

UPDATE:  I just made a deal for a brand new Blackstone for $310 OTD, so I'm going with that for now.  The Kamado will have to wait.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 03:06:44 PM by mdrsteve »

pizzapan