Author Topic: Help!!!  (Read 442 times)

Offline just visiting

• I Love Pizza!
Help!!!
« on: October 15, 2013, 09:07:25 PM »
So our pizza place makes Greek style pizza and our pizza pans are not too old but resently the pizza has been legitimately stuck to the pan. When we are able to get the pizza out in one piece the bottom of the pizza has black spots. We have another set of pans that are shinny and new, what I'm wondering is, is there a way that we can make these old pans nonstick? Like a spray or something? I look forward to a responce

Offline The Dough Doctor

• Tom Lehmann
Re: Help!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 09:05:11 AM »
JV;
Adding a release agent to the pan, such as oil or shortening is the only option you have. Also, be aware that the bright shiny pans will bake much differently from a dark colored pan. To correct this condition you will need to season the bright colored pans by wiping them with salad oil and placing them into the oven at 425F for about 20-minutes. Repeat this at least twice and the pans should be ready to begin baking in. DO NOT allow the seasoned pans to ever soak in water as this will cause the seasoning to peel off necessitating that the pans be completely stripped of their seasoning and be reasoned.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

pizzapan