I am Michael from Germany.
First of all I have to say that I am totally amazed
finding such a great resource and dedication to
the round pies! Didnt know that its that a highly
I was hoping to find an answer to my looong chase
that I do for years now. I am searching for mainly
one thing: intense F L A V O U R.
Before trying a sour starter, I want to give commercial
yeast one more chance.
Here are my targets:
- Very airy crust, crunchy, irregular shaped holes... there we go!
- Bottom: thinner, also crunchy, not chewy but not cracker
I think that is best described as "just right not foldable"
It should be crunchy and stay up at least with "light" topping.
- The Flavour: on the border to sour. No yeast taste, wheat taste.
Here is what I got:
- Granolo Tipo 00 from Italy (9,5% Protein)
- Commercial Yeast
- Dairy Whey
- Vital Wheat Gluten
- A Fridge
- Lots of fermenting time.
- An electric Pizzaoven that does up to 450 - 500 ° Celsius
What I think is the direction:
- On the wet side
58-60% for airiness?
- On the long side
- On the almost-no-yeast-side
- On the Preferment side
More flavour with a Poolish? Or even natural Preferment?
- On the underkneaded side
- On the rise-the-gluten-of-Type 00 side?
rise 9,5% Protein to 13 %?
- On the cold side?
To prevent over-fermentation?
....... well. I have fun already. Now its your turn.
Please help me with a solution for the best recipe ever.
Thanks in advance!!